To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
|Port de Grave Historical Information|
|1. First Mentioned Surnames of Inhabitants of Newfoundland prior to 1675|
|2.To His Excellency John Campbell Esq. The humble activities of the Principal inhabitants, Planters, and Boatkeepers residing in Conception Bay, Newfoundland|
|3. "Perhaps They Left Us Up Here" (excerpts of Newfoundland names)|
|4. "Newfoundland and its Missionaries" (excerpts of Newfoundland names)|
|5. Newfoundland Disasters|
|6.House of Assembly Records|
|7.Newfoundland Veteran's Company|
|1.Land Petitions, August 16, 1831|
|School History and Various Reports|
|1. 1831/2 Proceedings of the Newfoundland & British North America Society for Educating the Poor.|
|1. A Note on Jersey and Newfoundland|
|2. Curing fish for the shipment to England|
|3. The Early Relations between Newfoundland and the Channel Islands|
|4. The Expedition of Monsieur De Montigny to Newfoundland in 1705 Posted in French and English|
|5. The Jersey Men|
|6. Juke's Excursions, 1839 & 1840.|
|7. Newfoundland Folklore|
|8. The Portuguese In Newfoundland Waters|
|9. Six Month's of a Newfoundland Missionaries Journal Edward Wix|
|10. Statement of Monies in the custody of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland July, 1831|
|11. Statement of Monies in the custody of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland Dec, 1833|
|12. People and vessels cited in “Fifty-Two Years at the Labrador Fishery”, by Nicholas Smith, 1936 (A Planter of Brigus)|
|13. S.S. Greenland|
|14. The Treasury of Newfoundland Stories |
A collection of 56 stories, true and fiction, about life in Newfoundland in the first half of the 20th century.
|15. Rev. John Hillyard, Missionary, 1904|
|16. Ercerpt from Missionary Magazine, 1799|
|17. Listing of "Fishing Masters" showing locations, ship names and destinations during 1678|
|18. "A Matter of Custom and Convenience": Marriage Law in Nineteenth-Century Newfoundland|
|1. Historical Sketch Of The Progress Of Medicine In Newfoundland|
|2. A Souvenir of the Brigus Methodist Jubilee of the Opening of the Church 1875-1925|
|3. Colonial Office Records|
|4. All About Pirates Including Accompanying Census numbers by H. F. Shortis|
|5. Hurricane of 1775|
|6. All About Pirates Accompanying Census numbers by H. F. Shortis|
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit(Wednesday March 06, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2023)
Your Community, Online!