Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello from Boston! (Bowe, Heffernan, Cody, Walsh)
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am 

[color=#0000BF]Hi everyone!

My Grandparents emigrated to Boston in 1921. There they had 14 children. They grew up a few houses away from each other in the Gould's where I just had the pleasure of visiting. I went to the rooms but didn't have enough time to find what I was looking for. This site has provided me with so much information and has helped me locate distant cousins. It's been wonderful. Now, if I can just find out what part of Ireland we came from! I have one great grandmother who is a complete mystery. She shows up on a census, and her name is on my great grandfather's monument but I have no death date / location or birth date location. Her name was Anastatia Cody (b.1875 per census) - married to Joseph Bowe (1871-1936). My Heffernan Grandparents were Phillip Heffernan (1863–1910) and Mary Rachel Walsh (1865-1941). If those names ring a bell for anyone and you have any information I would love to hear from you!

Cheers!
Maria
[/color]

Post subject: Re: Hello from Boston! (Bowe, Heffernan, Cody, Walsh)
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:56 pm 

Hello "Boston"
I am enclosing the link to the provincial marriage registration of Joseph Bowe and Anastatia Coady. They married Nov. 22 1892 and their ages were recorded as 21 for Joseph and 24 for Anastatia. That would give a birth date for her of circa 1868. They are the first entry on the page.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :144888701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a transcribed birth record on this Newfoundland's Grand Banks site for an Anastatia Cody...born May 14, 1865 to John Cody and Margaret Denn. The record is from Holy Apostles Renews RC Baptisms 1857-1877 The list is in alphabetical order of surnames.
Here is the link to that info

http://ngb.chebucto.org/Parish/fer-bap- ... -a-f.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Something for you to consider
Linda Moss

Post subject: Re: Hello from Boston! (Bowe, Heffernan, Cody, Walsh)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:34 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Hi Maria:

I was very interested to see your message. Are you the owner of the Hinkson/Cole Family Tree? If so, we have chatted before. You can send me a message if you would like to catch up on things.

Trishe

Board index » General » Introductions