Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Thomas Wilcox
from Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 250 probate year 1922
In re THOMAS WILCOX. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Thomas Wilcox of Bay Roberts. Know all men by these presents that I Thomas Wilcox of Bay Roberts Relieving Officer, being in my right mind, and of good understanding do make this my last Will and Testament.
- FIRST. I give and bequeath to my wife Sarah Ann all of my property while she lives and remains in my name, after her decease, it is to be divided as follows.
- SECOND. To my daughter Susie I give and bequeath the Dwelling House back yard, front garden, and Water Side property with Shop erected thereon.
- THIRD. The land known as the back Meadow to be equally divided between my daughters Janie and Susie.
- FOURTH. The piece of land I have granted in my own name at Shearstown I give to my wife Sarah Ann to be disposed of to her own advantage.
- FIFTH. The other piece of land at Shearstown belonging to the Wilcox estate to be equally divided between my daughters Janie & Susie.
- Sixth. Any monies I die possessed of in the house, or in the Bank I leave to my wife Sarah Ann.
- SEVENTH. All the Furniture in the house I give to my wife Sarah Ann.
- EIGHT. The Carriage, Cart, Wheels, Slide, Dray and Harness is to be sold, and the proceeds to become my wife's.
I hereby appoint Mr. Joseph Barrett of Shearstown sole Executor of this my last will.
Witness my hand and Seal at Bay Roberts this 1st day of June A. D. 1922. THOMAS WILCOX.
Signed published and declared by the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament who in his presence (of the Testator) and of each other all present at the same time, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. John Parsons General Dealer George Jardine General Dealer.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
to Joseph Barrett.
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
Page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit May 30, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2016)
Your Community, Online!