Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of James Whelan
from Newfoundland will books volume 10 page 486 probate
This name is spelled Whelan, Walin and Whelin in the will, and
Whelan in the will index
JAMES WHELAN deceased.
In the name of God Amen. I James
Whalin of Cape Broyle being sick in body but of sound and perfect
memory thanks be to God for the same, do make and declare this my last
will and testament in maner and form following
I bequeath to my son Edward Whalin my dwelling house stable and the
ground adjoining and the said plot of land from my house to the Back
- I bequeath to my son John Whalin two acres of clear land on the North
East side of the Back Road.
- I bequeath to my son John half of my Forest land East side and
my son John is to give Edward aright away to his land.
- I bequeath to my son Edward the remainder of my clear land North East
of the Back Road,
- I bequeath
to my son Edward the remaining half of Forest land West side,
- I bequeath to my son Edward all my Fishing Room and Water side,
- I bequeath to my son Edward one cow three sheep and my hors,
- I bequeath to my daughter Mary my Motor Boat and she is not to sell
her but to hier to my son Edward.
- I bequeath to my daughter Mary one cow and one sheep,
- I bequeath to my grandson Michael
Walin my caplin Seine and Dory
- I bequate that Edward’s son or sons is to have the said property
after Edward’s death Edward
Whalin whom I appoint my sole executor of this my last will and testament
hereby revoking all former wills by me made.
In witness whereby I have hereunto
set my hand and seal the 19th day of February in the year of
our Lord 1916 James X
Walin The above instrument
of one sheet was at the date thereof delivered to us by the testator James
Walin to be his last will and testament
and we at his request sign our names hereto as attesting witnesses
in his presence Witnesses Edward Whelan John
Dalton Michael Hartery
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin of this will)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2019)
Your Community, Online!