To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of John Savage
This is the last Will and Testament of me John Savage of Logy Bay Farmer.
1. I give to Margaret Coady wife of Richard Coady of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One hundred and Fifty dollars.
2. I give to Katherine Coady daughter of the said Margaret Coady the sum of Fifty Dollars.
3. I give to Bridget Power wife of Nicholas Power of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
4. I give to Anne Power wife of William Power of Outer Cove Fisherman the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
5. I give to the Archbishop of Saint John’s the sum of Fifty Dollars for a High Mass and other Masses for the repose of my soul.
6. I give and devise to my grandson Stephen Power of Logy Bay Farmer all my farm, dwelling house, farm stock and utensils and household furniture together with all the rest residue and remainder of my money, property and estate of every description.
7. I appoint the said Stephen Power Executor of this my Will.
Witness my hand at Saint John’s this 22nd day of April A.D. 1915. JOHN his X mark SAVAGE
Signed published and declared by the said Testator as and for his last
Will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request and in
his presence and in the presence of each other (all present at the same time)
have here unto subscribed our names as witnesses. (having been first read over
and explained to and approved of by said testator.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)