Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Michael Ryan
from Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 579-580 probate
MICHAEL RYAN. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Michael Ryan of Presque
in the District Placentia & St Marys fisherman.
I will devise and bequeath the sum of
Three thousand Four hundred dollars “of which Thirteen hundred and
Sixty two and thirty eight cent are deposited in the Royal Bank of Canada at
Placentia a further sum of One thousand five hundred and Forty dollars deposited
in the Royal Bank of Canada at Marystown and a further sum of Five hundred
and four dollars deposited in the Bank of Montreal at St Johns” in
the following manner.
- I bequeath the sum of One
hundred and fifty dollars to the Parish Priest at St Kyrans for the benefit
of the Parish Church
- I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev A Fyme P.P. of St Kyrans
for the benefit of St Anthonys fund at St Kyrans also to Rev
A Fyme P.P. I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to be used in erecting the memorial
to the late Dean Doutney
- I bequeath a further sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev Mallick J.
Fitzpatrick founder of St Josephs Union at New York.
- I bequeath the sum of Fifty dollars to the Rev Father Manley Rector
Epephany Apostolic College Walbrook, Baltimore. M.D.
- To my brother Daniel Ryan I bequeath the sum of Five hundred Dollars.
- To my niece Minnie Ryan daughter of Daniel I bequeath the sum of Four
- To my sister Anne Ryan and my brother James F.
Ryan I bequeath the
sum of Two Hundred Dollars each -
- I also bequeath the sum of Two Hundred Dollars to each of my nephews.
Martin Ryan Patrick Ryan and Vincent
Ryan sons of the late Michael Ryan.
- I also bequeath the sum of Two Hundred dollars to my nephew Patrick
Ryan son of Daniel Ryan
- To my nephew Michael Ryan son of the late Denis
Ryan of Presque I bequeath
the sum of One hundred dollars
- To my niece Elizabeth Ryan daughter of Daniel
Ryan of Presque I bequeath
the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars
- I also bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars each to my nieces Josie
Ryan widow of the late Albert Ryan, Angela Ryan, and Maggie
Ryan daughters of my brother Daniel Ryan
- I also bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars to the Rev Mother at
St Michaels Convent Belvidere St Johns for the benefit of the Orphans
at that Institution -
- I further bequeath the sum of One hundred dollars to Rev A Fyme P.P.
St Kyrans for Masses for the repose of my soul, and the balance namely
One hundred dollars I leave to defray expenses in proving my Will.
Signed by the Testator in our presence
who in his presence and in the presence of each other hath here affixed
our signatures as witnesses this tenth day of January One thousand nine hundred
In presence of
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 30/24
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)
Your Community, Online!