Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Joanna M. (Keefe) Roche
Will of Joanna M. (Keefe) Roche
from Newfoundland will books volume 15 page 1 probate year 1929
She was the wife of Patrick when the Will was made (1913) - although by probate (1929) it appears he had died.
Last Will and Testament of Joanna M. (Keefe) Roche,
Widow of Patrick Roche - St. John's
This is the Last Will and Testament of me Joanna M Roche of St. John's in the Island of Newfoundland - wife of Patrick Roche:-
- I revoke all former Wills.
- I appoint my cousin, Francis McNamara, sole executor of this my Will
- I leave my house of Gower Street which is at present in the occupancy of Daniel F. Kent to my sister Mary Jane Keefe.
- I leave the Easternmost of my two houses on Military Road, numbered 124, to my sister Elizabeth Madden.
- I leave the Westernmost of my two houses on Military Road, numbered 126, to my brother, Michael J. Keefe.
- I leave my household furniture equally amongst my said two sisters and my said brother.
- The two houses on Military Road, above mentioned, are bequeathed subject to the mortgage now existing thereon, to be borne in equal shares by my said sister Elizabeth Madden and my said brother Michael J. Keefe.
- I ordain that the Legatees under this my Will shall procure eight masses per year for eight years after the date of my death to be said for the repose of the souls of myself and my husband Patrick Roche.
- The residue of my Estate, I leave equally between my said two sisters and my said brother.
Dated at St. John's this 4th day of February AD
Joanne M. Roche
Signed, Published and Declared by the
said Testatrix as and for her Last Will
and Testament in our presence who in
her presence at her request have
hereunto in the presence of each other
subscribed our names as witnesses.
J. A. Chafe (?)
Note added to the top of the page by a Clerk: This is the paper writing marked "A" referred to in the foregoing petition of Francis M. McNamara dated the BLANK day of September AD 1929.
Handwritten will of Joanna Roche
Page Contributed by Jim Roache
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (December 4, 2003)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2019)
Your Community, Online!