Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of John Primmer
from the Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 394 probate year 1923
In re JOHN PRIMMER. DECEASED.
The last Will and Testament of John Primmer fisherman of Bard Islands in the Northern District of Newfoundland.
I John Primmer considering the uncertainty of this mortal life, and being of sound mind, and memory (blessed be God for the same) do make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following, that is to say,
- FIRST. I give and bequeath to my son John, my dwelling house and portion of the room that is mine, with all my property that I may die possessed of together with Two thousand dollars now held on interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist College.
- SECOND. I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary Seven hundred dollars now held at interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist College.
- THIRDLY. I give and bequeath to my daughter Lucy One hundred dollars now held at interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist College.
- FOURTHLY. I give and bequeath to my daughter Jane One hundred dollars now held at interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist college.
- FIFTHLY. I give and bequeath to my granddaughter Phoebe Ann Fifty dollars now held at interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist college.
- SIXTHLY. I give and bequeath to my granddaughter Dorothy Blake Fifty dollars now held at interest by the Trustee's of the Methodist College.
- LASTLY. I constitute and appoint Harvey L. Hodge as my Executor to carry out the provisions of this my last Will and Testament, as witness my hand at Fogo this sixth day of October One thousand nine hundred and fifteen.
Signed by the said John Primmer the Testator in the presence of us, who in his presence, and in the presence of each other, at the same time, subscribe our names as witnesses. JOHN his X mark PRIMMER
Witnesses E. E. Hyde John W. Hodge
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 16/23
Horwood C. J.
Adm. C. T. A.
John Primmer Jr.
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
Page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit June 28, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2016)
Your Community, Online!