Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Rosa Lavinia Penney
Will of Rosa Lavinia Penney
from Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 423 probate
ROSA LAVINIA PENNEY. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Rosa Lavinia Penney of
Carbonear in the Island of Newfoundland, Widow, made this 18th day
of November 1922.
I hereby revoke all former wills and Testamentary dispositions
heretofore by me made.
I hereby appoint the Eastern Trust Co. Executor
and Trustee of and under this my will.
I give, devise and bequeath
all my estate, real and personal, of every nature and kind and wherever situate
unto my Executor and Trustee upon the following trusts.
- 1. To pay all my just debts, funeral and testamentary.
- 2. I bequeath to Mrs. Margaret Taylor wife of Ernest
W. Taylor and
my niece Grace Penney, jointly, my land with dwelling house thereon,
and all contents of said house, situate on the South Side of Water Street
of Carbonear until the marriage of Grace Penney when it will become the property
of Margaret Taylor absolutely.
- 3. I bequeath to Mrs. Lizzie Simpson, wife of Robert
two hundred shares of Saunders Howell and Company Ltd.
- 4. I bequeath to John H. Penney (580) five hundred and eighty shares
in the Public Service Electric Co. Ltd.
- 5. I bequeath to my niece Grace Penney (160) one hundred and sixty
shares in the Public Service Electric Co. Ltd.
- 6. I give to the Methodist Sunday School of Carbonear the sum of Two
thousand dollars (2000)
- 7. I bequeath to my niece Grace Penney, fifteen hundred dollars ($1500)
in Government of Newfoundland Bonds.
- 8. I bequeath to Arthur Taylor the sum of Two hundred dollars ($200)
- 9. All the rest residue of my estate will be used towards the upkeep
of the property bequeathed under section 2. ROSA
Signed by the Testator in our presence, who in her presence and in the
presence of each other, hereunto subscribe our names as witnesses.
E. Peach. W.B. Bugden.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat August 28/23
to the Eastern
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)
Your Community, Online!