Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Esther Ann Malleran
Will of Esther Ann Malleran
from the Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 192 probate year 1922
In re ESTHER ANN MALLERAN. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and testament of me Esther Ann Malleran of Monkstown Road, St. John's, Newfoundland Spinster made this 18th day of March A.D. 1922.. I hereby revoke all former wills and Testamentary dispositions by me at any time heretofore made. I appoint Reverend James Greene of St. John's, Roman Catholic Priest to be the Executor of this my will. I bequeath devise and give all my property to my Executor upon the following trusts.
- I bequeath the house No. 21 Monkstown Road in my occupation and all the furniture therein and belongings to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation of St. John's.
- I bequeath the house No. 23 Monkstown Road to the Mount Cashel Orphanage.
- I bequeath the house No. 25 Monkstown Road to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation of St. George's Newfoundland.
- I bequeath Five hundred Dollars to Belvidere Orphanage, St. John's.
- I bequeath Three thousand dollars in Government Debentures to His Grace Archbishop Roche to be expended on the rebuilding of the Palace at St. John's.
- I bequeath Three thousand dollars in Government Debentures to His Grace Archbishop Roche for the repairs of the Cathedral at St. John's.
- I bequeath One hundred dollars each to my servants Kate Molloy and Kate Morrissey May Power.
- I bequeath One thousand dollars in Government Debentures for Masses for the repose of my soul.
- I bequeath Fifty dollars each to each of the three daughters of Mr. Conway who lives on the corner of Monkstown Road and Catherine Street.
- all the rest residue and remainder of my estate I leave to my executor to be expended and distributed on such charitable purposes as to my executor shall seem best.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name the day and year first above written. ESTHER ANN her X mark MALLERAN.
Signed published and declared by the said Esther Ann Malleran as and for her last will and testament by affixing her mark in the presence of us both being present at the same time who in her presence and at her request have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses,, the said will having first been read over and explained to her. JOHN G. HIGGINS. WM. J. MURPHY.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat April 24/22
to Rev. James J. Greene
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
Page Contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit June 24, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2016)
Your Community, Online!