To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of James D. Lockyer
This is the last will and testament of me James D. Lockyer of Saint John’s in the Island of Newfoundland Merchant.
1. I appoint my wife Julia Lockyer and my son Frank S. Lockyer Executors of this my will.
2. I give devise and bequeath my dwelling house on Allan Square Saint John’s and my household furniture to my said wife for her use during her life and after her death to my said son Frank S. Lockyer.
3. I give to my sister Isobel Lockyer at present of Toronto Canada the sum of five hundred dollars. If she should predecease me I give the said sum of five hundred dollars to my sister Mary day of Toronto aforesaid.
4. I direct that the residue of my estate property and effects of every description shall be invested by my Executors in such securities as they may think advisable: with power to retain all investments existing at my death and to realize, reinvest and vary the same at their discretion.
5. Out of the income to be derived therefrom I direct that my said wife shall receive the sum of eight hundred dollars per year during her life and the remainder of the said income shall go to my son during the life of my said wife.
6. On the death of my said wife I give devise and bequeath all my property estate and effects of every description to my said son.
Witness my hand at Saint John’s
aforesaid this 8th day of February Anno Domini One thousand
nine hundred and twenty three.
W.E. Wood Solicitor St. John’s. Feb 8/23.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)