Will of Margaret Kennedy
from Newfoundland will books volume 10 pages 582-583
probate year 1917
Margaret Kennedy deceased.
This is the last will and testament of me Margaret Kennedy of Carbonear,
- I give and bequeath to my daughter Grace Colford my
land, and dwelling houses thereon, situate on the Court House Finebreak,
my picture of the Immaculate Conception and the sum of one Hundred Dollars.
- I give and devise to my grand-daughter Marcella Colford my Piano,
Piano stool (inserted) and my and my, music - Stand and music -books.
- To my daughter Margaret Russel I give my picture of her father and
myself and the sum of one hundred dollars.
- I give and bequeath to my daughter Julia Dunn, the sum of Fifty
Dollars for a mourning suit.
- I give and devise to my daughter Elizabeth Butt the sum of fifty
Dollars for a mourning suit-
- To my son Nicholas I give the residue of my furniture, the dwelling
house in which I am now living, with all that it contains which
is not here in devised, in trust for his wife and children, and
also the land connected with the said house to be held by him in
trust for his wife and children.
- I give and bequeath to my son Stanislaus all my right title
and interest in and to the land and Dwelling-house, now occupied
by him and which he conveyed to me by a mortgage, to be held in
trust by him for his wife and child or children for ever.
- It is my will and I do order that the sum of Four hundred and
Fifty Dollars which I have in the schooner "Winnie F. Tuck" shall
be divided as follows, Two Hundred Dollars to my son Nicholas, Two
Hundred Dollars to my son Stanislaus and Fifty Dollars to my grand-son
John, son of Stanislaus.
- To my grand-son John, son of William John I give and bequeath
the sum of Fifty Dollars and his grandfathers gold watch.
- It is my will and I do order the money accruing to my estate
out of the policy of insurance taken out by my late husband upon
the life of Stanislaus, that is to say my half interest in the
same shall be paid to my son Nicholas.
- It is my will and I do order that the sum of one Hundred
Dollars be paid to the Reverend Mons. F.D. McCarthy for Masses
for myself and my late husband and that the sum of One Hundred
Dollars be paid to the Rev. Dr. Jones for the same purpose.
- The residue of my estate it is my will shall be applied by
my executors to the payment of my funeral and testamentary expenses
and to the erection of a suitable monument in the cemetery to
my late husband and my self.
- I appoint my sons Nicholas and Stanislaus to be my executors
of this my last will and testament hereby revoking and annulling
all former wills by me made and ratifying and confirming this,
and no other, to be my last will and testament.
In witness whereof, I the said Margaret Kennedy have here under set my
hand this twenty seventh day of May A.D. 1914- Margaret Kennedy- Signed
and declared by the said Margaret Kennedy as and for her last will and
testament in the presence of us who at her request and in her presence
and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses
Leanora Pike P. J. Doherty
Charles H. Emerson
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin)
Aug 23/ 17
Estate sworn at