Will of Louisa Hodder
from Newfoundland will books volume 13 pages 14-15
probate year 1924
LOUISA HODDER. DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of Louisa Hodder of Twillingate,
in the Island of Newfoundland, Widow.
I, Louisa Hodder being of sound disposing mind memory and understanding
do hereby will devise and bequeath as follows:-
- Unto my daughter Emma Nott the Enlargement picture of my late husband.
- Unto my daughter Louisa Dwyer two enlargement pictures - that
of Annie & Ned and family group.
- Unto my daughter Eliza Johnstone one Stand Lamp and the
feather bed I call my own.
- Unto my son John Hodder the Enlargement picture of his
- Unto my son Walter Hodder two glass vases, one Silver
Teapot and one-half dozen Wine Glasses.
- Unto my son George Hodder the Parlor Suite.
- Unto my daughter Amelia Colbourne one down feather bed.
- Unto my son Edwin all the books that was once the property
of my late husband.
- Unto my grandchild Wilson Lloyd Hodder one bureau
- Unto my twelve children and two grandchildren namely:-
Annie Walker, Emma Nott, James Hodder, John Hodder,
George Hodder, Edwin Hodder, Walter Hodder, Louisa Dwyer,
Amelia Colbourne, Eliza Johnstone, Frederick Hodder, Wilson
W. Hodder, and Wilson Lloyd Hodder and Dorothy
Hodder all my
share of the undivided Estate of my late husband George
Hodder both real and personal Also all the rest and residue of this
my said Estate including moneys in Bank and on hand as well
as everything else that I may die possessed of or what
may be due and owing at the time of my death - share and
- I constitute and appoint my son George Hodder as the
sole Executor of this my last Will and Testament And do at
the same time appoint my son George Hodder as Guardian of
my grandchildren mentioned herein so far as this my Estate
is concerned and further I grant him full power to sell and
dispose of any of the property mentioned herein for the benefit
of my said grandchildren.
- I revoke all former Wills and distributions of my said
Estate at any time heretofore made and do declare this
to be my last Will and Testament.
Dated at Twillingate aforesaid this
thirteenth day of August in the year of Our Lord One thousand nine hundred
and Twenty one. LOUISA her X mark HODDER
Signed and Published by Louisa Hodder the Testatrix in our presence,
who in her presence and in the presence of each other at the
same time at her request signed our names as witnesses the same having
been first read over and explained to the said Testatrix.
I. J. Mifflen of Twillingate.
T. Marsh of Twillingate
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Oct 8/24