To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Joseph Fitzgerald
I, Joseph Fitzgerald of SAINT JOHN’S in the Island of Newfoundland being of sound mind and memory do make this my last Will and Testament.
1. I bequeath my Dwelling house and contents situate on Charlton Street, St. John’s to my daughter Bridget Mccarthy during her lifetime and Widowhood.
2. In the event of the said Bridget Mccarthy dying the house is to be sold and the proceeds to be equally divided between Lilian Mccarthy daughter of the said Bridget Mccarthy and Alice Evans my daughter.
(3) In the event of the said Bridget Mccarthy remarrying the house is to be sold and the proceeds equally divided between the said Bridget Mccarthy, Lilian Mccarthy and Alice Evans.
(4) I bequeath my bed, two Pillows and two Pictures to my Grand-daughter Floss Evans daughter of the said Alice Evans.
(5) All the residue of my Estate real and Personal I give and bequeath to my daughter Bridget McCarthy.
(6) I appoint as my Executor Francis Murphy of Saint John’s.
Signed by the Testator in our presence who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our hands as Witnesses.
Mary J. Kelly.
W J Browne.
Dated the 29th day of September A.D. 1925.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)