Will of Jordan Fagan
from Newfoundland will books from volume 12 pages 271 & 272 probate year 1922
In re JORDAN FAGAN. DECEASED.
In the name of God. Amen. I Jordan Fagan of Foxtrap in the Electoral District of Harbor Main, Newfoundland, Farmer, being very sick and weak in body, but of perfect mind and memory do make and ordain this my last Will and Testament.
- FIRST, I give and bequeath to my two sons William John and Abram my inside land to be equally divided between them my son William John is to take the South part and my son Abram the North part, a road for their own use is to go between the two parts. The said piece of land is bound on the South by Thomas Kennedy, North by Grealeys land, East by the road and West by Foxtrap river.
- SECOND I give and bequeath to my son William John the land that his dwelling house is on. The said land is bound on the North by Piccott and Patten, South by land I intend giving my son Abram. He is to have the same length on the East as on the West, East by Abram Batten and West by the local road.
- THIRD I give and bequeath to my son Abram the land that my dwelling house is on, bound on the North by land I have given my son William John, South by land belonging to my son William John, East by Abram Batten and West by local road. My son William John if he should come home to Foxtrap to live is to have the use of half of my stable and the use of half of my cellar until he provides himself with a stable and a cellar. My son William John and my son Abram are to have the use of all my Agricultural implements my Carpenters tools and loose gear about the place until they are worn out. My express is for the use of my two sons. I give my cow to my son Abram and if she has a calf he can give it to my son William John. I give to my son William John two sheep and to my son Abram two sheep. My wife is to have the wool that comes from the sheep so that she can earn something for herself. My mare I leave between my two sons they can keep her until she wears out or sell her and divide the money between themselves. The small bed, bedstead and bedding I give to my son William John. There are four pictures two for William John & two for Abram.
- I give the spinning wheel to my daughter Lizzie and my trunk to my daughter Agnes Jane.
- I give to my son Abram my dwelling house. The furniture that is in it is to remain in it, except what I have given my son William John. After my son William John has provided a stable and cellar for his own use my son Abram is to take possession of the whole of the stable and the whole of the cellar. My property North of the main road that I get the most of my living off of I give and bequeath to my son Abram. The said land is bound on the North by my son William John, South by Michael Fagan, West by Joseph Fagan and East by the waterside road.
- To my sons William John and Abram I give thirteen yards frontage of bog land on the South of the track and twenty six yards West bound by the Culvert. My share of property left me by my father William Fagan. My part of the fishing property owned by my father is to be divided between my two sons. My wife Selina is to be maintained out of the produce of my property as long as she remains on my property, they must be good to her and give her what she wants so far as they are able.
- If my son William John should not come to settle down in Foxtrap to occupy the land I have given him and intends living elsewhere. The land I have given and bequeathed to him his brother Abram is to take possession of all.
- And I do hereby utterly disallow, revoke, and disannul all and every other former testaments, Wills and Bequests by me in any wise before named, Willed, and bequeathed, ratifying and confirming this and no other, to be my last Will and Testament.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 31st day of December in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and twenty one. JORDAN his X mark FAGAN
Signed, Sealed, Published, pronounced and declared by the said Jordan Fagan as his last Will and Testament, in the presence of us, who in his presence, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. GEORGE FAGAN FRANCIS F. FURNEAUX Commissioner of the Supreme Court.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Oct 13/22
Adm. C. T. A.