To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Philip Decker
I Philip Decker of Bonne Bay Newfoundland do make this my last will and testament, that is to say
(1) I appoint John P. Haliburton J.P. of Bonne Bay, executor of this will
(2) I direct that my property consisting of
(3) Of the furnishings (interior) of the above mentioned dwelling house
I give and bequeath
(4) I direct that the fuel and other objects of value in the store, the outhouse and underneath the dwelling house be sold, and I give and bequeath the proceeds in equal portions to my surviving children.
(5) I give and bequeath my share of the property at Lobster Cove, being one fourth of my father’s estate there in equal portions to my surviving children.
(6) I direct that the Mortality Fees from Conquer Lodge L.O.A. S. Barbe Black Preceptory and Excelsior I.O.O.F. be paid to the executor who shall therefrom defray my funeral expenses, erect a headstone (To the value of $25) to my memory, and immediately distribute the remainder to my children who survive, or their guardians. In testimony whereof I have hereto set my hand the eleventh day of May 1914. Philip Decker in the presence of us George Heber Maidment Eleanor Haliburton witnesses.
Codicil to my will dated _____ I direct that should any of the above mentioned beneficiaries under this will die before this will is proved such benefaction as they were entitled to under this will shall be turned into money if not already such, and this I give and bequeath in equal portions to my surviving children In testimony whereof I hereto set my hand this eleventh day of May 1914. Philip Decker. In the presence of us Geo. Heber Maidment Eleanor Haliburton Witnesses.
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)