Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Peter Connors
from Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 62 & 63 probate year 1921
PETER CONNORS. DECEASED.
In the name of God Amen. I Peter Connors of the settlement of Lawn District of Burin, Dominion of Newfoundland. Fisherman, being of sound and disposing mind and memory, do make and publish this my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all former Wills by me at any time heretofore made.
- 1st I appoint David Strang fisherman of Lawn to be executor of this my last will directing my said executor to pay all my debts funeral and testamentary expenses out of my estate as soon as conveniently may be after my decease.
- 2nd After the payment of my said debts funeral and testamentary expenses, I give devise and bequeath all my real and personal estate which I may now or hereafter be possessed of in the manner following, that is to say:
- 3rd I give devise and bequeath to my Nephew Frederick Edwards all my land on the Harbor side of the gut, my waterfront and beach, Stage and fishing gear, my share in the motor boat "MaggieC" my four head of horned cattle consisting of two calves and two cows.
- 4th I give devise and bequeath to my beloved sister Minnie Strang, all my land situated on what is known as the Sandy point for her own use during her life and at her death the said land to revert to Gerald Edwards son of my Nephew Frederick Edwards.
- 5th All the residue of my estate both personal and real not hereinbefore disposed of, I give, devise and bequeath unto my aforesaid Nephew Frederick Edwards his heirs and assigns forever.
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this Twenty third day of April in the year of Our Lord One thousand nine hundred and nineteen.
Signed published and declared by the said Peter Connors the testator as for his last Will and testament in the presence of us both present together at the same time and in his presence at his request and in the presence of the under signed Notary have hereunto subscribed our names as witness to the due execution thereof.
Thomas Connors James Manning
Joseph Benning Notary Public.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Aug 9/21
to David Strang
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
This page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit May 28, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)
Your Community, Online!