Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of George Bussey
from Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 294 & 295 probate year 1922
In re GEORGE BUSSEY DECEASED.
Know all men by these presents that I George Bussey (merchant) of New Harbour in the Electoral District of Trinity, Newfoundland. Do hereby make this my last Will and Testament being sick and of a sound mind That is to say
- I give and bequeath to my Nephew John Fowlow residing at St. John's the sum of One hundred dollars ($100.00) in cash.
- To my sister Mary Fowlow residing at Topsail the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00) to be paid in cash.
- to my sister M. Emily Cole residing at Calgary, Canada the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00) to be paid in cash.
- also to my sister Fanny Maunder residing at St. John's the sum of Fifty dollars to be paid in cash ($50.00)
- Further to my sister Annie Moyes residing at Topsail the sum of Fifty dollars ($50.00) to be paid in cash.
- After paying my just debts I give and bequeath to my beloved wife, Catherine Mary Bussey everything else that I am possessed of: viz.
- All monies owned by me in the Government's Saving Bank.
- All monies in the House.
- All Lands, all buildings thereon.
- All household Furnitures etc. Etc.
- Shop and all goods therein of all descriptions.
- All debts due me to be collected by Solicitor or otherwise.
- Horse, Slay, Carriage etc. etc.
- A store situated south side of New Harbour opposite Public Wharf. I give and bequeath to Catherine Mary Bussey without reserve.
In testimony hereof I have hereunto set my hand this Nineteenth day of May in the year of Our Lord Nineteen hundred and Twenty One
Signed in the presence of: Albert G. Parrott (Teacher) Frederick Woodman J. P.
I George Bussey the aforesaid Testator do hereby appoint as Trustees to this my will and testament the undersigned parties.
Mr. Frederick Woodman J. P. and Mr. John B. Fowlow, Clerk
Signed: GEORGE BUSSEY In the presence of: Albert George Parrott (Teacher) Fredk Woodman J. P. May 19/21.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat Dec 15/22
John B. Fowlow
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
This page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit June 2, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)
Your Community, Online!