Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Emma Bradshaw
from the Newfoundland will books volume 12 page 381 probate year 1923
In re EMMA BRADSHAW. DECEASED.
In the name of God Amen: This is the last Will and Testament of me Emma Bradshaw of Placentia Spinster.
I appoint Wm. F. O'Reilly Stipendiary Magistrate Executor of this my last Will and Testament.
- I will that my just debts be paid as soon as possible after my death.
- I will devise and bequeath my dwelling house and land to my niece Annie Blewett.
- I will to my niece Lena Sinnott the sum of Ten dollars.
- I will to the Convent Placentia the sum of One hundred dollars.
- I will the sum of One hundred and fifty dollars for the celebration of one hundred and fifty masses for the repose of the souls of myself and friends.
- I will to Lucy Lannon the sum of Twenty Five dollars also one Side board and to her son Michael One bed, bedstead & bedding.
- I will the sum of Twenty dollars to Johanna Delaney.
- The balance of my property I will devise and bequeath to my niece Annie Blewett.
- I will devise and bequeath to Mrs. Patrick J. Delaney one bed, bedding and bedstead.
- I will devise and bequeath to my nieces Annie Blewett and Hannah Sinnott the land at the Swans known as the Doctor's Meadow and to the latter I will one card table.
- I will my watch to George Blewett and chain to Fred Bradshaw.
- The balance of my property of every description I may die possessed of both real and personal I will devise and bequeath to my niece Annie Blewett for her own use for ever.
- I hereby revoke all wills by me at any time heretofore made.
Signed published and declared at Placentia this 17th day of April A. D. 1923 in the presence of the witnesses. EMMA BRADSHAW.
Signed by the Testatrix and acknowledged by her to be her last Will and Testament in our presence who in her presence at her request and in the presence of each other we have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses. James M. Kent. Patrick Delaney.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat June 1 /23
Horwood C. J.
to Wm. F. O'Reilly
June 1 /23
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
This page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit June 24, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)
Your Community, Online!