Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Margaret Bambrick
from the Newfoundland will books volume 12 pages 377 & 378 probate year
In re MARGARET BAMBRICK. DECEASED.
This is the last will and testament of me Margaret Bambrick, of St. John's in the Electoral District of St. John's West, Spinster, made by me on this the 21st day of April, A. D. 1923.
- I hereby revoke all other wills made by me.
- I bequeath a five hundred dollar Government debenture which I now hold to my executor to be held by him in trust for the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation and the interest to be collected yearly and devoted to Masses for the repose of my soul, and the souls of Rebecca Nowlan, Bridget Maher and deceased relatives. This debenture shall not be sold or transferred nor assigned by the said Corporation, nor my executor.
- I bequeath the sum of one hundred dollars to my executor to be held by him in trust for St. Michael's Orphanage Belvidere to pay the yearly interest thereon to the Reverend Mother of said Orphanage to be expended in keeping our family plot in Belvidere Cemetery in decent condition.
- I also bequeath to said Reverend Mother the sum of Fifty dollars for the support of the Orphans.
- I bequeath to my first Cousin Catherine White the sum of four hundred dollars.
- I bequeath to my first Cousin Mamie Comerford daughter of James Comerford residing in New Haven, Connecticut U.S.A. the sum of one hundred dollars.
- I bequeath to my first cousins Mary O'Donnell & Grace O'Donnell of Halifax the sum of fifty dollars each.
- I bequeath to Rev. Fr. McGuire the sum of one hundred dollars.
- I bequeath to Rev. Fr. Sheehan the sum of fifty dollars.
I bequeath to Mrs. Poole who has attended me during my illness the sum of thirty dollars if she be alive at the time of my death.
- I bequeath to my executor a sum of one hundred dollars to be expended by him in Masses And the residue is to go to my first Cousin Catherine White abovementioned.
- I appoint T. P. Halley of St. John's Solicitor the executor of this my will.
Signed by the Testatrix as & for her last will in presence of us who in her presence and in the presence of each other hereunto subscribe our names as witnesses.
Eliza Callahan 100 New Gower St.
Josephine her X mark Pearce
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the Margin next to this will the following)
Fiat May 29/23
T. P. Halley
|Note: The wills in those will books are NOT actual wills. They are hand-written copies of a, "last will and testament," written by the court clerk, after the death of the testator, when the executor presented them to the court for probate. The court clerk didn't list the signatures at the bottom, he (or she) just put them in the book in whatever order they were in, on the original document, no spacing most of the time, no punctuation. The originals were kept by the executor. |
We who have typed these wills, have made every effort to include all the errors that were on the microfilm, in order to avoid destroying the integrity of the originals, where ever they may be.
This page contributed by Judy Benson and Ivy F. Benoit
REVISED BY: Ivy F. Benoit June 23, 2002
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2016)
Your Community, Online!