Presented by the
Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History
To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
A Collection of Newfoundland Wills
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Will of Elija Alley
from Newfoundland will books volume 14 page 65-66 probate
(This name is spelled Eliza and Elija in the will, and Eliza in the will index)
ELIJA ALLEY DECEASED.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Eliza Alley of Crabbes West in the
District of St. Georges.
- I give devise and bequeath to my son Abraham Alley my
dwelling house, barn, outhouses, and all the land surrounding them, also
my household furniture and effects.
- To my son Abraham the land which he
has fenced and cleared on the half block of land situate on the big break.
The remainder of the half block to be divided between my three sons Edward,
Elija, and Abraham.
- To my sons Edward, Elija, and Abraham the block of land situate on
Taylors road, to be divided equally between them.
- To my son Edward half of my cod-trap, mooring and anchors that belong
to the cod-trap.
- To Jane Alley wife of Abraham the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my son Edward the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my son Elija the sum of one hundred and fifty dollars.
- To my son John the sum of one hundred dollars.
- To my daughter Mrs Alfred Butt the sum of fifty dollars.
- To my wife Annie the sum of four hundred dollars to be paid by my executor
in half yearly payments of fifty dollars. Should my said wife remarry then
she is to forfeit whatever balance that may be coming to her.
- To my sons Edward and Elija a piece of Hay land adjoining land of one
George Harvey to be divided equally between them.
- The rest and residue of my Estate I give devise and bequeath to my son
I appoint my son Abraham Executor of this my will.
Dated at St. Georges this 5th day of August 1924.
Signed by the said Testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence
of us who in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed
our names as witnesses. The same having been first read over.
George T. Carty.
William F. Lloyd
Registrar of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland
(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Page Contributed by Judy Benson & Ivy F. Benoit
Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)
Your Community, Online!