Presented by the
Newfoundland's Grand Banks Site
to assist you in researching your Family History

Click on the graphic below to return to the NGB Home Page
Newfoundland's Grand Banks

To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".

These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.

The Telegram Obituaries
November 1950



Bailey, Mary S.
After a short illness on November 15th, 1950, Mary S., beloved wife of the late John J. Bailey; leaving to mourn only daughter, Mary, and only son, John M., also one sister. Funeral on Saturday at 2:30 pm from her late residence, 84 Merrymeeting Road.

Clark, David
On Armistice Day, November 11th, 1950, the tragic news fell on the happy household of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Clark, Elizabeth Avenue, when their son, David, met with a fatal accident.
He had set out with his companion on a hike through the beautiful autumn woods, little thinking that it would end in tragedy.
To all of us who so intimately knew him the news came as a terrible shock and we cannot realize that he is gone-that we shall not again see his smiling face or hear his cheerful voice.
David was a brilliant pupil of the Model School and his quiet disposition endeared him to his schoolmates and many friends. The young life which held so much promise has ended with tragic suddenness and the whole community extends heartfelt sympathy to the bereaved parents, brothers and sisters in their sad bereavement.
The funeral took place on Monday, November 13th, 1950 from his father's residence to the Church of England cemetery and the casket was covered with any floral tributes expressing deepest sympathy to the bereaved family.
"Our life is but a fading morn, It's glorious noon how quickly past
Lead us, O Christ, when all is gone, Safe home at last".
Other info on David Clark - Published November 13th, 1950
Thirteen year old David Clark, son of Mr. H.G. Clark, Elizabeth Avenue, lost his life in a gunning accident on Three Pond barrens, Saturday afternoon about three o'clock.
As far as can be ascertained the youth, who is a pupil of St. George's School, whilst on a walk over the barrens, met up with a 20 year old resident of Aldershot Street, whom he had known and who was out hunting with a twelve guage shotgun.
He had been sitting down with the gun across his knees and was in the act of standing up when it went off, the full charge going into the chest of the youth who was but a very short distance away.
The man brought the victim to the roadside and he was conveyed to hospital in the ambulance. Death intervened before he reached there. The matter was reported to the R.C.M.P.

Harding, Francis William
Passed peacefully away, at his home, after a long illness, November 13th, 1950, Francis William Harding; leaving to mourn, wife, two daughters, three sisters, two brothers. Funeral from his home 130 Pleasant Street, at 2:30 pm., Wednesday.

Noseworthy, Georgina
Yesterday, after a long illness, Mrs. Georgina Noseworthy; leaving to mourn on daughter, Mrs. Michael Bell; two brothers, Fred and Jack, and one grandson Derek. Funeral by motor hearse, at 2:30 pm Friday, from her brother's residence, 77 Craigmillar Avenue.
The Evening Telegram - Nov. 15, 1950

Roberts, Kenneth
Passed peacefully away at midnight, November 11th, 1950, Kenneth Roberts, aged 70 years. Left to mourn are two daughters, Edith and Laura of St. John's; three sons, George of Hartford, Conn., Robert and Herbert of St. John's, one brother George W., Fairbanks, Alaska, and five grandchildren. Funeral will take place on Tuesday, November 14th, 1950 at 2:30 p.m. from his late residence, 24 Winchester Street.
The Evening Telegram - Nov. 13, 1950

Starkes, Roland G. (with picture)
The death of Roland Starkes, well known business man of the North East Coast, occurred on Friday at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, where he has been a patient for about a week. He was in his 60th year.
Mr. Starkes started business at Nipper's Harbour which he conducted with much success for a number of years, when he moved to Lewisporte, where he built and operated a hotel, a theatre and a general store, leaving the business at Nipper's Harbour in charge of his two sons, Harold and Harry.
Mr. Starkes was twice elected to the House of Assembly as member for Green Bay District, which he also represented as delegate to the National Convention.
He had been unwell for several months past, and a week ago he left by plane to enter the Royal Victoria for treatment.
He leaves to mourn his wife, two sons and three daughters.
The Evening Telegram - Nov. 13, 1950

Tricco, William Stanislaus (Stan)
Passed peacefully away, at St. Clare's Mercy Hospital, at 10:15 pm., Monday, November 13th, 1950, William Stanislaus (Stan) Tricco, in his 46th year; leaving to mourn their sad loss, wife, 11 children, mother, two brothers, a large circle of relatives and friends. Funeral from his late residence, Portugal Cove Road, Thursday, at 2:30 pm. - R.I.P.

White, Nina
Nina White, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Solomon White, passed peacefully away last week, after a prolong illness, She was 19 years old. The services were conducted by Rev. Mr. Hicks, and the funeral took place at the United Church Cemetery. Besides her parents in North West Arm, she leaves to mourn five brothers and three sisters.
This death notice came from Blacktown (Special).
The Evening Telegram - Nov. 18, 1950



Page contributed by Sandra Churchill

Page Revised by Ivy F. Benoit (Wednesday February 20, 2013)

Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.

JavaScript DHTML Menu Powered by Milonic

© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2019)

Hosted by
Chebucto Community Net

Your Community, Online!

You can search the entire NGB site
by using the [Google] search below.

Search through the whole site
[Recent] [Contacts] [Home]