To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
Swain's Island and Wesleyville
Bonavista Bay District
From "The Sea, Our Life-Blood
A History of Wesleyville, Newfoundland"
by Rev. Naboth Winsor.
Permission to use graciously given by his widow,
Mrs. Mildred Winsor.
|A list of some of the Land Grants obtained for Swain's Island and Wesleyville, 1860 - 1900|
Please note the names given to the different parts of what is now Wesleyville
|Abbott, Richard||1880||Swain's Island.|
|Best and Sons, Charles||1876||Western Island of Swain's Island.|
|Biddlecombe, Robert; and Tiller, James||1871||Swain's Island.|
|Breaker, James||1877||North West Island of Swain's Island.|
|Hoyles, Joseph||1890||Swain's Island.|
|Mullett, John||1877||Western Swain's Island.|
|Andrews, Noah and Kenneth||1880||Mainland to the northwards of Swain's Island, and known as Lobster Cove.|
|Andrews, Edgar||1897||Woody Island, near Lobster Cove, Three Island Harbour.|
|Best, William and Edward||1886||West side of Bennett's Cove.|
|Bishop, James||1890||Bennett's Cove.|
|Carter, Benjamin||1885||Three Island Harbour.|
|Carter, John||1886||Mainland near Swain's Island.|
|Cross, Thomas||1886||Coal Harbour.|
|Gibbons, Thomas sr., Richard, John, Mark, and Thomas jr.||1886||Mainland North East of Swain's Island, part of Coal Harbour.|
|Hann, George, Peter and Charles||1881||Mainland opposite Swain's Island.|
|House, George||1897||Sleepy Cove near Wesleyville.|
|Roberts, Thomas sr., Eli, John, Abram, Samuel sr., Samuel jr., Thomas jr., Caleb||1884||Three Island Harbour, near Swain's Island|
|Sainsbury, Japheth||1864||East side of Sleepy Cove.|
|Tiller, Stephen and George||1887||West side of Bennett's Cove.|
|Tiller, James||1887||Bennett's Cove.|
|Winsor, George||1864||Mainland opposite Swain's Island.|
|Winsor, Cornelius and Japheth||1887||Wesleyville near Bennett's Cove.|
|Wicks, Samuel sr., John, James, Charles, and Israel||1887||Bennett's Cove.|
Page transcribed by: Donna Randell
Page revised: Oct. 2002 (Terry Piercey)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2018)