To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
In 1908 John & Elizabeth Eason decided to inquire about the possibly of starting a S.A. Corps in Long Pond. They meet with Col. Reese, the head of the S.A. in Newfoundland and was granted permission and given a financial contribution to find land and build a citadel. With land donated from Mr. Abraham Dawe and the hard work of a few dedicated people, the first citadel was built with a seating capacity of approximately 40 people. Services began with the first Corps officer Lieutenant Langmade and John Eason became the Corps first Sergeant Major. In 1925 the citadel was enlarged to accommodate the growing congregation and a day school.
In 1959 under the leadership of Captain and Mrs. Harold Duffett, a new and larger citadel was opened and was the church home for the congregation until its last worship on Oct 13, 1985. On October 19, 1985 a new multi purpose facility was opened by Lieutentant Colonel William Kerr. The church family has grown considerably over the years and has accomplished much.
Information and Records of the
|1908||Lt. Lanmade||1908||Capt. Welsher||1910||Capt Amos Stickland|
|1911||Capt. Lillian Ridout||1911||Lt. Baldwin||1912||Adj. Elijah Bowering|
|1912||Lt. Stafford||1913||Lt. William Payne||1913||Lt. Jenny Pike|
|1914||Capt. Carrie Peach||1914||Pheobe Peach||1915||Capt. Lillian Hobbs|
|1916||Ensign Small||1916||Lt. Coates||1917||Capt & Mrs. Sam Windsor|
|1918||Capt. Ben Chappel||1919||Capt Eliza Pilgrim||1919||Lt. Ruby Fudge|
|1920||Lt. Mary Bishop||1920||Lt. Mary Bishop||1921||Capt & Mrs. Sweetapple|
|1922||Capt Bram Jones||1923||Lt. Harvey Legge||1924||Capt. Alex. Camel|
|1925||Capt. LuLu Kennedy||1926||Capt. Eva Crann||1927||Capt. Gordon Driscoll|
|1928||Lt. Art Moulton||1928||Capt. H. Elliott||1929||Capt. Netta Peter/Capt. Benson|
|1930||Capt. Able Rideout||1930||Capt. Downey||1931||Lt. Lillian Gregory|
|1931||Capt. Lillian Poole||1931||Lt. Lillian Bartlett||1921||Ensign Jacob Snow|
|1932||Lt. Beatrice Harnum||1932||Ensign Bowring||1933||Capt. & Mrs. Carl Ryan|
|1934||Capt. Frank Moulton||1935||Adjuntant Parsons||1936||Capt. Ern Batten|
|1937||Adj. & Mrs. John Kean||1937||Capt. & Mrs. George Earle||1939||Capt. Abraham Churchill|
|1940||Capt. Selina Peters||1941||Lt. Bertha Cull||1942||Adj. Mable Squires|
|1942||Lt. Ron Ellsworth||1943||Capt. & Mrs. Pye||1944||Major H.C. Bowring|
|1945||Capt. Edward Necho||1945||Lt. Paul||1946||Capt. Emma Williams|
|1947||Capt. Elizabeth Edmunds||1947||Lt. Mildred Clarke||1948||Lt. Ruby Littlejohn|
|1949||Capt. Aubrey Pike||1950||Adj. Amelia Abbott||1951||Capt. Wm. Stoodley|
|1953||Capt. William Norman||1954||Capt. Calvin Hillyard||1954||Lt. Gladys Froude|
|1956||Lt & Mrs. Leonard Monk||1956||Capt. Gladys Stringer||1956||Capt. Hazel Powell|
|1957||Capt. William Ivany||1958||Capt & Mrs. Harold Duffett||1958||Lt. Ella Tuck|
|1961||Maj. & Mrs. Alphaeus Russell||1961||Capt. William Loveless||1964||Major Louise Slade|
|1965||Capt. & Mrs. Edgar Penney||1967||Capt. & Mrs. Stan Anthony||1968||Capt. & Mrs. Bram Thorne|
|1970||Capt & Mrs. Calvin Abbott||1973||Capt. & Mrs. Steve French||1974||Capt. & Mrs. Ivan Elliott|
|1976||Captain & Mrs. Cryil Morey||1978||Capt. & Mrs. Don Maye||1980||Capt. & Mrs. Sidney Brace|
|1983||Capt. & Mrs. Gordon Jarvis||1984||Major & Mrs. James Pardy||1985||Major & Mrs. Leslie Barrow|
|1990||Lt. & Mrs. Harvey Pritchett||1993||Major & Mrs. Denzel Baggs||1994||Major & Mrs. Alex Anthony (R)|
|1994||Capt. & Mrs. Smith Rowsell||1996||Capt. & Mrs. Bruce Shirran (still serving)|
Contributed by Barbara McGrath - (July 2000)
Page Revised: July 2002 (Don Tate)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2017)