To contribute to this site, see above menu item "About".
These transcriptions may contain human errors.
As always, confirm these, as you would any other source material.
BONAVISTA BAY DISTRICT,
This island, just West of Salvage and less than a mile in length, was settled
in the 1850's
and vacated again in the late 1920's. The cemetery is just beyond the grassy clearing on the N. side of the cove
where most of the people lived, and is now hidden among a growth of evergreens. In July 1999 ten headstones were visible:
|1.||MOSS||Henry||Jan. 11, 1891||74|
|2.||MOSS||Elizabeth||Jan. 4, 1881||26||Wife of Robert|
|3.||MOSS||Hannah||Dec. 10, 1899||49||Wife of John|
|4.||MOSS||Jessie||Aug. 20, 1905||41||Wife of Thomas|
|5.||MOSS||Alfreda||Nov. 18, 1907||27|
|6.||MOSS||William||June 20, 1918||68||Husband of Mary Jane|
|7.||BABSTOCK||Jane||1895||53||Wife of John|
|8.||BROWN||Mary Julia||Dec. 13, 1900||11 mo.||daughter of Robert & Suzanna BROWN|
|9.||LANE||Alphaeus||1918||22||son of Joseph & Martha LANE|
|10.||PARKER||Thomas Fish||Feb. 16, 1881||86 years|
Submitted by: W. Roy Babstock
(June 15th, 2000)
Newfoundland's Grand Banks is a non-profit endeavor.
No part of this project may be reproduced in any form
for any purpose other than personal use.
© Newfoundland's Grand Banks (1999-2016)