The oldest stones, listed below, are to your far right as you come into
the church yard itself, down behind the trees next to the boundary.
- Erected by Bridget F. GLADNEY in loving memory of her father Richard ,
died Apr. 10, 1847, aged 45 yrs.; also her mother Mary ,
died Jan. 3, 1876, aged ?? yrs. Also Bridget
F. GLADNEY , died May 27, 19?6, aged 73 yrs.
- Erected by the very Rev. Thomas O'CONNOR, P.P.V.G., in memory
of Mary RYAN his long & faithful
housekeeper, a native of Craigur, CoKilkenny, Ireland, who died at
Portugal Cove March 28, 1874, aged 60 years.
- Sacred to the memory of Thomas
HANLON , who departed this life Feb. 25, 1825, aged 55 years.
- Erected by ? BARRY in memory of her husband John
BARRY , aged 44 years; also her son Michael ,
aged 16 years.
- Sacred to the memory of Hannah
DICKERS , who departed this life 26 Nov. 1834, aged 65 years.
- Sacred to the memory of Elizabeth
PURCELL , who died on the 13th day of April 1828, aged 68 years,
wife to John at my left hand and grandmother to Richard and James
at my righthand.
- Sacred to the memory of John PURCELL ,
who died on the 22nd day of Sep. 1827, aged 72 years.
- Erected by John PURCELL in memory of his father John ,
died June 15, 1819, aged 69 years; also his mother Ann ,
died Nov. 21, 18??, aged 52 years.
- Erected by Patrick MULLOWNEY ... in memory of his beloved wife Margaret ,
who departed this life June ?? 184?, aged 49 years; also his dear
mother Elizabeth MULLOWNEY ,
died Oct. 21, 1849; also his ... Mary who
died ? 18?? .