Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: looking for family
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:28 pm 

I am looking for some information on my father family, My Grandfather was George Walters of Fox Roost, he drowned on April 7,1921 at the age of 48,along with his brother Norman Walters age 22 and Joseph Lawrence from Burgeo age 23, George wife was Elizabeth Rositer, I think this was his second wife. My father name was Wilson, there was a sister Winnifred and Elizabeth (Peg) the children was put out in foster care, I think my Grandmother (Elizabeth Rositer) moved to North Sydney.
If anyone has any information It would be greatly appreciated,

Lorraine

Post subject: Re: looking for family
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 am 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

This is going to take a few minutes;
Geroge W Walters (42) Widower,Channel, C of E, married Elizabeth Lemon (18) Fox Roost, Methodist on 11 March 1915, Fox Roost, C of E.
Elizabeth Lemon b. 5 June 1897, Bapt. 7 Aug 1897, Fox Roost, Methodist. Parents Henry Lemon (30) and Emily Meade (24) married 2 Oct 1896, Fox Roost, Methodist.
Found George Walters Death register information as indicated.
1921 NL Census says Elizabeth Walters, Widow, born June 1887 (should be 1897), Fox Roost and daughter Margaret, born Dec 1920, Fox Roost.
Canadian Immigration Service, Lissie Walters (26) widowed, came to North Sydney, (March?) 31, 1923 to work as houskeeper to Joseph McPherson.
Lissie Ann Walters (28) spinster (trying to hide previous marriage??), parents Henry Walters and Emily Meade, married Joseph Meade (30) 19 Jan 1924, North Sydney, Methodist.
Canadian Immigration Service, Margaret Walters (7) Fox Roost, came to North Sydney, 3 Nov 1928 to live with her mother Mrs Joseph Meade, North Sydney, came from Grandmother Emily Rossiter (remarried ??) Fox Roost.

The Channel C of E records are not online at this time, I have heard that they may soon become available, then we might be able to find George Walters information.

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories