Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: Pye Family
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:32 pm 

The prevailing tale in the Pye family is that William Pye was conscripted off the docks in Barbados by the colonists' ship Junius Brutus and forced to serve in the war against Britain. It is 'assumed' this was the American Revolution. At some point, he was either put off ship or jumped overboard when the ship arrived in Newfoundland. He had an uncle, Henry Pye, living in NFLD, so sought him out. Over time, William married another Pye, Blanch, a distant cousin whose family had come from Devon or Cornwall. Only one child is known of from this marriage, another William, who eventually married Mary Pike, daughter of James Pike and an Inuit woman. Their son was William Pike Pye and my gt., gt. grandfather.
I would love to know if any of this is true and to discover if William and Blanch had other children. I believe Blanch may have had a brother named Elijah.

Would love to hear from any Pyes, especially women who married and left the Pye name behind.

Post subject: Re: Pye Family
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm 

I am researching Pye family I think from carbonear they were all born there my first names are Harold Reginald my father was Harod Elijah his father William Henry.MY father moved to nova scotia when 1 year old working in coal mines with his father and brothers.My great grandfather was Samuel .I am thinking there is a family connection in Labrador.

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories