Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Young and Parsons
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:34 pm 

Hello,

I'm trying to find information on my grandmother's family. She was born Marjory Parsons in 1942 in Corner Brook. However, by the time she got a birth certificate, she had been adopted by her grandparents, Victor T. Young and Rose Felix and her name was Marjory Young. Her brother Michael Flavin built (I believe?) the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. I'm assuming her father's last name was Parsons, but I don't know who he is. Her mother was supposedly Mary Young. If anyone has any information on the Young or Parsons, I would greatly appreciate any help figuring out this mystery! I have many interesting stories to share about my grandmother, who was a tough girl who spoke French (didn't speak it as she got older), and her teachers were nuns. I have many little hints like these, but don't know how to access any records! She passed in 2006, so if you have any advice, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Sarah

Post subject: Re: Young and Parsons
 Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm 

Victor Young was the son of Ernestine "Valentine" Young and Nancy Anne Benoit, and first cousin to my great-great-grandmother Marie-Susanne "Susan" Young, who was the daughter of Henri/Henry Young and Ursule "Alice" Jesseau. Ernestine and Henri resided in Lourdes, formerly called Clam Bank Cove on the Port au Port Peninsula. I have further information on them, as well as the Felix family - though I do not know who Rose's parents are at this time. I am a descendant of Eleanor Felix who married Daniel Gale, their daughter married the son of Marie-Susanne Young.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:02 am 

Sarah, I am also a descendant of that family if you would like to get in contact :) Valentine Young/Lejeune and Anne Nancy Benoit are my 3rd great grandparents. The grandfather Victor is my 2nd great uncle. I have some work done on this family.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:02 pm 

There is an extensive family tree for both Victor T Young and Rose Felix extending back many generations to Acadia/Port Royal (1629 - 1710) and beyond at :

www.familysearch.org
This is a free website.

You may find this beneficial to your search.

Good luck

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...