Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Thistle/LeGrow/Noseworthy
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:02 pm 

Am looking for info on my GGGRANDPARENTS.My Grandfather,Joe Thistle was born in Broad Cove in 1904 to Joseph Thistle and Rachel Noseworthy Thistle, who are my GGrandparents. I would like to know who Joseph Thistle's and Rachel Noseworthy's parents were. Also my Grandmother,Anne LeGrow Thistle,born in 1902,in Broad Cove, I believe to Michael LeGrow and Georgina Thistle LeGrow who are my GGrandparents. I would like to know who the parents of Michael LeGrow and Georgina Thistle LeGrow were.Any info on the Thistle,LeGrow and Noseworthy families would be helpful. Thanks, Laurie

Post subject: Re: Thistle/LeGrow/Noseworthy
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 am 

Hi Laurie,

I have Michael Legrow (11 May 1859-13 Nov 1937) and Georgina Thistle (b. 26 Aug 1866). According to information I have, Michael's parents were Adam Legrow (b. abt 1820) and Mary Thistle (b. bapt. 15 Jun 1817). Mary's parents were Henry Thistle and Mary ??. Mary's sister, Martha, is an ancestor of mine. Most of my Thistle information came from archives and other people's websites. I am not saying its gospel but its information that I came across and used.

Roger

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
E-mail address removed. Posting of e-mail addresses is not allowed.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:46 pm 

[I too am looking for information about my GGgrandparent Jessie Thistle who married Arthur J. Taylor in Carbonear Newfoundland. If she is related to your Thistles I would appreciate any information. Thank You Connie Bell Butner Tennessee quote="roger61"]Hi Laurie,

I have Michael Legrow (11 May 1859-13 Nov 1937) and Georgina Thistle (b. 26 Aug 1866). According to information I have, Michael's parents were Adam Legrow (b. abt 1820) and Mary Thistle (b. bapt. 15 Jun 1817). Mary's parents were Henry Thistle and Mary ??. Mary's sister, Martha, is an ancestor of mine. Most of my Thistle information came from archives and other people's websites. I am not saying its gospel but its information that I came across and used.

Roger[/quote]

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 pm 

Hi
My name is Eileen Thistle Bruff. My dad was Joseph Thistle born 1904 in Pouch Cove
His parents were Joseph Thistle & Rachael Noseworthy. Both Joseph Thistles are buried in Newfoundland & Rachael is buried in Montreal Que.
I have more info and pictures.
I am also interested in learning more about the family.
My e-mail address is cbruff@nf.aibn.com
Eileen Bruff

Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:47 am 

LAURIE ... MY GRANDFATHER WAS JOE'S BROTHER, WILLIAM. HE MARRIED FLOSS HOLLETT FROM POUCH COVE, NFLD & HAD MY MOM & UNCLE WALLY. AFTER MOVING TO MONTREAL WITH A SHORT STAY IN MASSACHUSETTS, FLOSS LEFT GRAMPS & THE KIDS. MOM HAD 6 OF US IN MONTREAL & TRAIL, BC. SHE DIED AT 42 WHEN THE KIDS WERE 2-22. HER GRAN RACHEL NOSEWORTHY THISTLE CAME FROM NFLD TO HELP GRAMPS (HER HUSBAND, JOSEPH DIED A WEEK BEFORE MY MOM WAS BORN). I HAVE RACHEL'S PARENTS AS: WILLIAM NOSEWORTHY ( "CAMMY BILL") & MARIA. RACHEL HAD 2 BROTHERS GEORGE & ALLEN. I'M STILL WORKING ON THEM. I MET ALLEN'S GRAND DAUGHTER, GWEN HUDSON, IN 2007 WHEN I WAS IN POUCH COVE. I HAVE MY G/GRANDAD JOSEPH THISTLE'S PARENTS DOWN AS THOMAS THISTLE (BORN 1827) & ELLEN SULLIVAN (BORN 1830 POUCH COVE). THEY MARRIED IN 1852 IN POUCH COVE. THOMAS HAD 5 SIBLINGS. HIS PARENTS WERE WILLIAM THISTLE FROM MULLEY'S COVE (BORN 1788) & ABIGAIL FROM POUCH COVE (BORN 1792).

AS WITH ALL GENEALOGY, THERE IS ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY OF ERROR. I HAVE NOT WORKED ON THIS BIT OF FAMILY IN A LONG TIME AS I RESEARCH 4 DIFFERENT FAMILIES WHEN TIME PERMITS.
I HAVE RECENTLY CONNECTED WITH ANOTHER OF YOUR DAD'S BROTHER'S: GORDON CHARLES FAMILY IN MASSACHUSETTS. GORDON CHARLES HAD MURIEL & ALEX & GORDON LESTER WHO HAD PAM WHO HAD JAY & KAMA .......... I'M WAITING ON SOME POSSIBLE INFO FROM KAMA'S UNCLE ALEX'S FAMILY REGUARDING RACHEL NOSEWORTHY THISTLE.
THINGS SOMETIMES GET VERY CONVOLUTED WHEN TRACING EACH BRANCH !!

RACHEL & JOSEPH HAD 11 KIDS: EDITH MURIEL, WILLIAM, ALBERT, JOSEPH, CHESLEY, ALEX, GORDON CHARLES, DORIS, MAY, JENNIE, GERTRUDE. AND I JUST RAN ACROSS ANOTHER POSSIBLE DAUGHTER ...... BEATRICE MARY. BUT I'M NOT POSITIVE ABOUT HER, YET. SHE SHOWED UP IN A TIMELINE FOR JENNIE. BUT I HAD NEVER HEARD OF HER BEFORE & HER NAME IS VERY CLOSE TO ANOTHER SIBLING .......... BRIDGET MAY. SO MAYBE SOME CONFUSION ? I HAVE FOUND ALL 11 BIRTH REGISTRIES EXCEPT BEATRICE MARY, TOO.

HOPE THIS REACHES YOU SINCE IT'S BEEN A VERY LONG TIME SINCE YOU POSTED.
FINGERS CROSSED ........ TONI

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...