Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Hello from Texas - Traverse, Bennett, Emberly
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 pm 

Myself and 3 sisters are daughters of Margaret Traverse Shaw. She was raised in Brewley, Placentia Bay. Our Dad met Mom @ Goose Bay during the war and swept her off her feet. She never returned & after her death we made a trip for her to St. John's Newfoundland. We were able to stay a week which was not enough for everything we wanted to do. We searched and asked about the ferry for Merasheen Island and LOL got looks like we had 2 heads & finally found there isn't one. We did visit the OReilly House Museum, ate lunch @ the 3 sisters tavern/cafe and made sure to eat fish & chips. We had an address for Mom's Aunt Mary Grant who was her father's sister and were able to locate a neighbor who gave us some information. We are now drawn to our mother's homeland and are looking to know more of her life and familly. I have posted some other messages and would love to hear from anyone who can help in my search.

Post subject: Re: Hello from Texas - Traverse, Bennett, Emberly
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:31 pm 

Hi Texas,

You mention Emberly in your greeting. I am researching my husband's Emberly roots from Bay DE Verdes, NL
Would love to hear if you have any information.

Joyce Groves

Board index » General » Introductions