Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Tulk/Yetman
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 pm 

Wondering if anyone might have information on the name of John Tulk's wife. John was born Hr Buffett in 1858 and died 1931 in St. John's. His wife died in 1901 of TB at age 37. Her death certificate does not give her maiden name and only indicates she was from Trinity. She would have been born around 1864. Does anyone have any information on Charles Tulk who married Mary Kirby of Burin. It is believed that Charles came to Nl from England in the early 1800's.

Looking for anyone who might have information on the parents name of my gg grandfather Andrew Yetman. Given his death certificate he was born around 1853 not 1848 as originally thought. He married Ellen Coughlan and then after her death he married Mary Snow. He was RC and I have looked through the RC records but the box for the period required is missing. I have looked at births before and after the period of files that are missing and there are a number of children born to a Henry Yetman and a Margaret Norcott. I believe my Andrew may have been their brother and that he is the child of Henry and Margaret but just want to try and make sure. Does anyone know the father of Henry Yetman who married Margaret Norcott. There does not appear to be a birth in the RC records for him so I assume he was COE and at some point moved to RC. He was married in 1834 to Margaret. In looking at COE records it is hard to confirm who the father was. It could have been either a Thomas or a Joseph but not sure.

Post subject: Re: Tulk/Yetman
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:27 am 

I have found the father of my Andrew Yetman born 1853 Hr Grace, died in St. John's. Although the church records were destroyed in a fire for that period I did find a voters list for 1880's which indicates that Andrew's father was Henry. As they were RC a review of the Hr Grace RC records reveal that his parents would have been Henry Yetman and Margaret Norcott who were married in 1834. Siblings of Andrew also included a James, Henry who married Mary Drover, Michael who married a Helen Ryan, James, Margaret, Mary and possibly a Solomon. It would appear that at some point this branch of Yetman's coverted to RC from COE

Now it is onto find the parents of Henry who married Margaret Norcott. The same voters list, list a Henry born around 1814 given his age at time list was completed. If this is the right Henry ( would have been 20 at time of marriage) it list his father as Thomas Yetman. This is where it may get difficuly as there are 2 Thomas in the Anglican records who could fit. One is Thomas of Thomas and the other is Thomas of Joseph. Does anyone have any info on the siblings of Andrew above that would give a clue as to which Thomas it might be.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:27 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

FJT,
Don't know if any of this will help you but found quite a bit of info on Yetman family/families..see below...several website addreses to click on and also information listed. Hope this helps some....keep searching..

Yetman under COE, Meth, and Gospel Hall-
http://ngb.chebucto.org/Cemetery/cem-re ... -lab.shtml

Harbor Grace Census 1921
http://ngb.chebucto.org/PhpDB/display.p ... e&page=109

This is 1945 Census
http://ngb.chebucto.org/C1945/45-st-marys-psm.shtml

150 / 12
St. Mary's Yetman, James Husband M M 56
St. Mary's Yetman Ellen Wife F M 49
St. Mary's Yetman, John Child M S 24
St. Mary's Yetman, Bernard Child M S 21
St. Mary's Yetman, James Child M S 12
St. Mary's Yetman, Anthony Child M S 6
St. Mary's Yetman, Catherine Child F S 18
St. Mary's Yetman, Josephine Child F S 14
St. Mary's Yetman, Theresa Child F S 19
St. Mary's Yetman, Marie Child F S 16
St. Mary's Yetman, Mercedes Child F S 10
St. Mary's Yetman, Madeline Child F S 9

St. Mary's Yetman, John Husband M M 60
St. Mary's Yetman, Margaret Wife F M 53
St. Mary's Yetman, Bridget Child F S 23
St. Mary's Yetman, George Child M S 21
St. Mary's Yetman, Walter Child M S 19
St. Mary's Yetman, William Child M S 17 
St. Mary's Yetman, Cyril Child M S 15
St. Mary's Yetman, Rita Child F S 13
St. Mary's Yetman, John F Child M S 11
St. Mary's Yetman, Lawrence Child M S 8 
St. Mary's Yetman, Helen Child F S 1

PAGE 14 
St. Mary's /Yetman, Augustine Husband M M 35
St. Mary's /Yetman, Anastasia Wife F M 32 
St. Mary's /Yetman , Monica Children F S 4
St. Mary's /Yetman, Augusta Children F S 4
St. Mary's /Yetman, Barbara Children F S 3
St. Mary's /Yetman, Henry*1 Children M S 1

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:00 pm 

Hi, my name is Alice and I have been trying to contact you regarding the Yetman family. I believe my great-great-grandmother, who's maiden name was Mary Yetman - born Bryant's Cove, is also the daughter of Henry Yetman and Margaret Norcott. Our family are Roman Catholic. James Drover and Mary Yetman raised their family in the White Bay area of Newfoundland. Would like to hear from you regarding any info you have on the family.
Thanks
Alice (Drover) Hoven

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:49 am 

I see there is a Margaret Norcott in your family. Would you know if there was a Charlotte Norcott as well. I have a Charlotte Norcott (born circa 1825) that married George Porter of Blow Me Down, Port de Grave. I can't find any information on her. Thanks in advance.

Daniel Porter

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:01 pm 

There is quite an extensive family tree for Charles Tulk born c1784 at Lydlynch, Marnhull, Sherborne, Dorset, England who married Mary Kirby at Harbour Buffett, NL .
The link is:
www. familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/landscape/LR6V-QSK

Trust this is your Charles Tulk.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames