Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Info on attached Obit for Sarah JAMES
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 am 

Hi all- I’m new to posting but have been digging through the archives here for a bit now.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any info or leads on anyone mentioned in the obit in the link pasted below. The clipping is from the 19 Nov 1924 issue of the St. John’s Evening Telegram (which I obtained myself from archive research). I’ve extensively researched everyone mentioned in the article but have found next to nothing that comes close to matching even a majority of the facts contained within. Absolutely any help or info would be so greatly appreciated. Also, if there’s a better way to share the clipping here, I’m happy to do so. Just unsure of how!

Thanks and cheers!

http://collections.mun.ca/utils/getarti ... ah%20james" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post subject: Re: Info on attached Obit for Sarah JAMES
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:54 am 

Here is a better way to link. Just reference the issue, paste the link for the issue, not the article, and give the page number. Your pasted link does NOT work

Here is the link for the November 19, 1924 issue
http://collections.mun.ca/cdm/compoundo ... 3155/rec/1

Here is your item of interest
Obituary Page 7 MRS SARAH JAMES

Post subject: Re: Info on attached Obit for Sarah JAMES
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:26 pm 

Thanks for letting me know it doesn’t work. Unfortunately, I was trying to avoid posting a link to the full source so as to make viewing it as easy as possible for others.

I was hoping I could just attach a picture of the article to the actual post but soon realize that was not an option. Instead, I clipped to Evernote and tried to share the link to that note. I thought it might not work due to sharing privileges and I was correct...also explains why it works on my end.

I was more hoping someone might know of a way to attach or post an actual photo to the post...I haven’t used html since high school and don’t remember a lot of the tricks.

But again, thank you for your help and for letting me know the link isn’t working- now I can try and post another way!

Amanda

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...