Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Barrett Family
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 pm 

I have just started a Barrett family search with little experience but a lot of interest. I am sort of stumbling through several sites. I have registered for this site but am having difficulty comprehending how this site works. I have been given a member # 6457 and the new users advise is to send an email to poster? Who do I send this email to? Please advise. Thanks Linda Barrett

Post subject: Re: Barrett Family
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:23 pm 

barrett51 wrote:
I have just started a Barrett family search with little experience but a lot of interest. I am sort of stumbling through several sites. I have registered for this site but am having difficulty comprehending how this site works. I have been given a member # 6457 and the new users advise is to send an email to poster? Who do I send this email to? Please advise. Thanks Linda Barrett

Hi Linda. This is a research site and is arguably the best site for doing Newfoundland family research, lots of records and statistics gathered by a dedicated group of volunteers and has been around for quite a while with content added constantly. There's other sites out there for creating your family tree. I have a great grandmother Barrett from Holyrood in my family tree, but it's become a road block for me, perhaps because I've been told a lot of Holyrood records were destroyed. So I'd be interested in your Barrett line and where it's from. There's an extensive Barrett tree on tibalpages by Roderick Janes who has done a lot of Barrett research.
Here's the link, https://rejanes.tribalpages.com/tribe/b ... =282815094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunately my missing Barrett is not there. :(
Gerald

Post subject: Re: Barrett Family
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 pm 

Hello from Boston Massachusetts. My Barrett Family arrived in the US (Boston) in 1880 from Bandon Cork Ireland. I wasn't aware that any Barrett members made it to Canada. I wonder if somehow we are connected.

Board index » General » Introductions