Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: LONDERGAN/LUNDRIGAN Peter's River
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm 

Looking for parent information for Michael Lundrigan (1843-1908) m. Anna Barrett (2) and his brother William Lundrigan (1835-1919) m. Mary St. Croix(?). The family information I have is that they were both born in Newfoundland and may have been brother to Tobias and maybe even Lawerence . They had a sister Mary Ann m Thomas Connors. Looking for any confirmation of additional siblings and their parents. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: LONDERGAN/LUNDRIGAN Peter's River
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:23 pm 

The parish records in St. Mary's (where Peter's River records can be found) only began in the early 1840's however I am related to this family. The Mary Ann Lundrigan b.1844 d.1918 (married Thomas Connors) you mention is my 2x great grandmother.

Mary Ann's parents were David Lundrigan and Mary Walsh

her siblings include Michael (b. 1843), Margaret (b.1845), John (b.1848) and Catherine (b.1850)

Margaret married Thomas Molloy

I"m assuming there are siblings born prior to 1843 but there are no parish records. I've not heard of William Lundrigan (1835-1919) before. How do you know they are related? Do you have further information on this family?

Post subject: Re: LONDERGAN/LUNDRIGAN Peter's River
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 pm 

I've gotten the name William from another relative who is direct line from Michael and in a letter he gave me says that Michael had a brother William who stayed in Peter's River with him and was an active member of the community on road, school committees etc. I have not been to the rooms to verify this tough so not sure if the William I can find in the history is his brother or cousin? I had never heard of a John before either.
Thanks for the info and if if find out anything further especially regarding William I will let you know.
Thanks

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames