Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: St. Julius, Conception Bay??
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:04 am 

Where is St. Julius, Conception Bay near Harbour Grace?? I cannot find any mention of it anywhere. A Parsons lady who married John Hackett of Fortune Bay then moved to Wood's Island, Bay of Islands, was born there, in the 1921 Census thats what it said, from family history she was said to be from the Harbour Grace area. The only other two mentions of St. Julius were J.P. Roche who was said to be born in St. Julius in the 1921 Census, he was living at Curling, Bay of Islands with his wife Mary who was from Harbour Main! The other mention was of Bernard Lilly, and family, of Curling also, he was born in St. Julius per the 1921 Census. He had a boarder named Maud Barrett who was born in Bay Roberts!!

As you can see there are many connections to Conception Bay. I would really like to know where St. Julius is. Can anyone help me?? -devongriffin1

P.S. It's not St. Julian's on the Great Northern Peninsula.

Post subject: Re: St. Julius, Conception Bay??
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:01 pm 

Maud Barrett is my great aunt, and as far as I know she was teaching while boarding with the Lily's. What connection she had with them I do not know. I grew up in bay Roberts but have never heard of a place called St. Julius

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...