Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Morgan family Conception Bay South
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:48 pm 

I am looking for help to find a cousin match that I have on Ancestry. It's a predicted 2nd cousin match with 347cm match and 8 segments. The match is indicated with D.M. who has not logged in since June 2016 and no messages are returned. I believe DM is/was located in British Columbia and is the son of John Herbert Morgan(1918) and Margaret Day. Grandson of Edward Neddy Morgan(1875) and Rachel Coveyduck of Seal Cove, Newfoundland. I have a fairly extensive Morgan file in trying to link together the Morgan's of Conception Bay N & S and would appreciate any info. Willing to share what I have as well

Post subject: Re: Morgan family Conception Bay South
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 am 

Hello Len,
I have a 1st cousin David Morgan and I'm pretty sure he lives in B.C. but his father is Rueben French Morgan born Blow Me Down,C.B.in 1903..don't know if this is of any interest to you :)

Regards
DeeDee

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am 

Hello Dee Dee. Thank you for your reply. It's always good to get information. I don't think it is David Morgan but Dennis Morgan, from other info that I have found. I don't have any info on Reuben French Morgan, 1903 in my tree but will look him up as I do have connections with a French cousin who may be interested. There very well could be a connection, as I firmly believe many of the families in that area are all interconnected.
Do you have any more info on Reuben and his family to share. I have lots of info to share.
Regards
Len

BTW, I had a daughter Dee Dee who passed away several years ago.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm 

Hello again Len,
My condolences on the loss of your daughter ..I have a lot of info on the Morgan family,Rueben was my uncle married to my mom's sister and, they lived next door to us all our lives..let me know what you'd be interested in and I'll see what i can do for you :)..are you in St.John's Len? When you say you have connections to a French cousin do you mean that's a surname? It was my uncle Rube's middle name(just for the record)

Cheers!
DeeDee

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 am 

Good Morning Dee Dee.
We have lived here in Saint John, New Brunswick now for over 30 years but have been home many, many times over the years. Planning a visit next year to do some more research. Still have some family there. Yes I mean surname French, and I believe they were from Bay Roberts and Harbour Grace area's. My Morgan family lived in Manuels very near the big bridge. There were four brothers there in the mid 1850's who I am trying to connect with other Morgan's. I have not yet been able to connect them to the Indian Pond/Seal Cove or Port de Grave Morgan's. My recent DNA test results are giving me many cousin matches to Port de Grave but I still have not made a solid connection. I am always interested to find any Morgan info because I know some day the puzzle will fall into place.
Can you send me a bit of info on Reuben and his family, maybe I can find a link.
Regards
Len

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:43 pm 

Hi Dee Dee
My Morgans are from Blow me Down as well. Just wondering if Rueben French Morgan was married to a Bessie Warford?

Thanks
Dan Porter

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:17 pm 

Hello Dan.
I have a Reuben Morgan married to Elizabeth "Besse" Wareford, d/o Samuel wareford and Elizabeth McCarthy. I have 3 children for them. Any help?
Len Morgan

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 pm 

Hi
Just to chime in there.

Reuben French Morgan 1903-1974 was married to Ursula Jean Osmond 1909-1998.

Reuben Morgan 1906-1981 was married to Elizabeth "Bessie" Warford 1908-1988.

I am not related to neither but just collecting info.

Thanks
John

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:11 pm 

Thanks John. I am also collecting information as I may be related but making the actual connection always seems to be the problem.
Regards
Len

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 pm 

Further to my post in Aug 2018 regarding a 2nd cousin DNA match with Ancestry which is 347 cM in 18 segments, not 8 segments. 347 cM is well within the range of 2nd cousin match (200-620 cM). So the DNA being indisputable, the question is, how is the individual related to me? From the small portion of his posted family tree he has posted on Ancestry, much of which I have been able to verify, does anybody have information on Edward "Neddy" Morgan (May 1875) of Seal Cove/Indian Pond who married Rachel Coveyduck. They had 7 children; Frederick, Allen Andrew, Julias (Julias), Caroline, Effie (Alfreda), John Herbert and Agnes. John Herbert (1918) is father of this 2nd cousin to me. Abraham (1856) may be the father of Edward (1875) but church records are scarce for that time frame due to the church fire.
A document found on a genealogy website written by this cousin, gives a description of what he has for his immediate family and corresponds with what he has posted in his Ancestry Tree.
For this match to be 2nd cousin to me, then I believe Edward "Neddy" would have to be a brother to my grandfather Morgan?
The match has not logged in to Ancestry since early 2016 and has not responded to any messages.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:35 pm 

Hello,

Unfortunately I do not have an answer but a question. In my tree I have a George Morgan married to Hannah St. Croix in St. Mary's. I have no information for these individuals other than their children were baptized in St. Mary's in the 1860s. I made contact with someone who is a DNA match and the only name in common was Morgan with her Morgan ancestors having lived in North River CB. George may have been from that area as Morgan is not a common name in St. Mary's. Just wondering if anyone may have this family in their tree?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:52 am 

Thanks for the info. I will check this out. I don't have a George Morgan married to Hannah St. Croix and it may lead me somewhere.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:35 pm 

Thanks that is great, with the children's names. Was that at St. Mary's or at St. Mary's Church in St. John's?
Thanks,
Len

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm 

St. Mary's as in St. Mary's Bay. The parish records include communities from Peter's River up to Salmonier.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames