Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » General » Introductions

Post subject: Introduction Hellos
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:01 pm 

Hello from NB, I stopped in and say hello as I have been searching for Lucy Jane Hawkins nee Pond/Burton are could be's. She belongs to me or I belong to her down the line : ) Nice to meet you all.

Kelly

Post subject: Re: Introduction Hellos
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:27 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Almon Seymour Hawkins (1889-1957) married Lucy Jane Pond (1887-1945), in June 1909, in New Brunswick. Their gravesites are located in St. George Rural Cemetery, St. George, New Brunswick.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm 

I have seen a copy of their marriage licence, I just can't find what tree to put Lucy on, as I can't find a paper trail for her before she got to Beaver Harbour. Once on it calls her family Pond on another Burton. My grandfather is 107, it was his mother, I just have to try to catch him on a good day of when he can remember and maybe he can tell me.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:04 pm 
Expert Member
Expert Member

New Brunswick Provincial Marriages.
Name: Almon S. Hawkins
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 10 Jun 1909
Event Place: Charlotte, New Brunswick, Canada
Father's Name: N. Hawkins
Mother's Name: L. Hawkins
Spouse's Name: Lucy J. Pond
Spouse's Gender: Female
Spouse's Age: 22
Spouse's Father's Name: S. Pond
Spouse's Mother's Name: M. Pond
Certificate Number: 1993
Page: 51

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:34 am 

Lucy's civil registration of death in NB VS says she was born Dec 24 1888. Sometimes these DOB given in death records can be in error.
Best candidate I have found is LUCY JANE BURTON born Dec 5 1882 Greenspond, Bonavista Bay, bap Apr 1 1883, to STEPHEN and MARY Burton, which matches the initials S. and M. that Milt Anstey found in her marriage record, but with a different surname, Pond.
This baptism can be found in Nfld Vital Stats Volume 109, Greenspond Methodist (Bonavista Bay).

Jill Marshall

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:57 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Newfoundland Vital Statistics:
Name: Stephen Pond.
Event Type: Marriage.
Event Date: 04 Jan 1887.
Event Place: Greenspond, Bonavista Bay, Newfoundland.
Spouse's Name: Mary Burton.
Spouse's Gender: Female.
Spouse's Age: 21.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

HAWKINS, Harry - In Loving Memory of Harry Hawkins, 85 years Saturday, August 6th, 2011 at the Vale Hospice. Beloved husband of Laura (Adams) Hawkins predeceased, March 21st, 2000. Loving father of Gary (Connie) and Diane (Gerry Smith) both of Sudbury. Cherished grandfather of Nicole (Darren Foy), Penny, Jamie (Jen) and great grandchildren Lily and Laura. Dear son of Almon and Lucy (Pond) Hawkins both predeceased. Dear brother of Arnold and Clara both of New Brunswick, predeceased by Glenna, Vera, Mary, Adolpus, Garland, John and Tommy. Sadly missed by nieces and nephews. Born in Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, he married Laura in St. John in 1945. Harry worked as a skimmer at INCO for 34 years, retiring in 1983. He was a fisherman on the east coast and always enjoyed fishing. Laura was the love of his life and he will be forever remembered for is great wit, sparkling blue eyes and warm smile. At Harry's request there will be no public visitation or service. Cremation. Donations to the Maison Vale Hospice would be appreciated. Arrangements entrusted to the LOUGHEED FUNERAL HOME. To light a memorial candle, flowers, donations or messages of condolences available on-line at www.lougheed.org

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

LEIGHTON, GLENNA FRANCES - The death of Glenna Frances Leighton of Pennfield, New Brunswick occurred on July 21, 2004 at the Saint John Regional Hospital surrounded by her loving family. Born in Beaver Harbour, New Brunswick, she was the daughter of the late Almon and Lucy (Pond) Hawkins. Predeceased by her husband Wilfred Leighton; sisters Vera French and Mary Irish; brothers Adolphus, Garland and Tommy Hawkins; grandson Michael Leighton; great great grandsons Bobby Lee and Jacob. She is survived by daughters, Frances (Edward) Spear, Arlene (Clarence) Johnston, Linda Holmes (John Bires), Audrey (Gene) Garnett, Janet Leighton and Lana (Rickey) Polland; sons, Edwin (Maria) Leighton, Reid (Joan) Leighton and Garson (Bonnie) Leighton; sister Clara Turner; brothers, Arnold, Johnny and Harry Hawkins; 23 grandchildren; 39 great grandchildren; 2 great great grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. Resting at the Pennfield United Baptist Church with visiting on Saturday evening from 7 to 9 pm. The funeral will be held 2 pm Sunday from the church with Rev. Grant Alcorn officiating. Interment will take place in the Pennfield Rural Cemetery. MacDonald Select Community Funeral Home, 20 Marks Street, St. Stephen, New Brunswick in care of arrangements. www.macdonaldfh.com

Board index » General » Introductions