Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Seeking Skean family from Colliers Conception Bay, NFLD
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:17 pm 

Great grandparents, William and Mary(Hearn) Skean, daughter, Margaret, 1880-1968, from Colliers, Conception Bay. Other children, Mary, Rachael, William, John. I've found baptisms from Margaret, Mary & John, but seeking any other information, thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Seeking Skean family from Colliers Conception Bay, NFLD
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 pm 

I am also searching Skean family from Colliers. My gg grandfather Michael Skean born around 1845 and died after 1877, married Elizabeth Leary also from Colliers. They had 4 children that I found Rachael 1867-1968, Catherine 1871-1938, Mary 1872 and Margaret 1873. Some Skeans moved to Bell Island.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm 

LouiseW2018 wrote:
Great grandparents, William and Mary(Hearn) Skean, daughter, Margaret, 1880-1968, from Colliers, Conception Bay. Other children, Mary, Rachael, William, John. I've found baptisms from Margaret, Mary & John, but seeking any other information, thanks in advance.

>>>
Hello Louise and Sheila..not sure if I can be of any specific help regarding your mutual research for your families of Colliers. As I am not sure as to how familiar either of you are with Colliers or to the extent of your research..this genealogy site is wonderful for reseearch..but, also another wonderful site to consider is - FamilySearch - Newfoundland and Labrador.

> There are groups on Facebook that you can post your family research and queries with..just let me know!

Regards, Nora

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:30 am 

Thank you for your info, Nora. I have posted to Facebook Newfoundlanders and Genealogy & Conception Bay Center Newfoundland Genealogy sites. I think some Skane families moved to Bell Island, as did a lot of others from that region.

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames