Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Elworthy, Robert William born abt. 1815 Devonshire, England
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:49 pm 

The vital records state that he died in 1893 - which means that there is a transcription error on the will itself which says he signed in 1894.

I am trying to find the marriage of William to Alice (Gallivan). I found the marriage of their daughter Emma Elizabeth Elworthy to Thomas Mathew Wyatt in Montreal, Sept. 24, 1894 which states her parents were, William Robert Elworthy (deceased) and Alice Gallivan from Newfoundland.

His last will and testament:
Last Will and Testament of
William Elworthy of Salmon Point
Trader deceased.

1894. Will of William R. Elworthy -
This being my last will and Testament in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and ninety four I give and bequeath to my two sons William Henry Elworthy and John Thomas Elworthy all my right and interest of the salmon fishery in Pinware River with all the nets boats anchors and everything belonging to the salmon Fishery with stores and contents.
The dwelling house and furniture I give to my wife Alice Elworthy also Two thousand dollars with interest in Bank British North America in Halifax I also give to my daughter Emma Elizth Elworthy three hundred dollars in Savings Bank in Halifax with interest I also give to my daughter one hundred dollars in Union Bank of Halifax and I give to my son Willm Henry two hundred dollars and to my son John Thomas two hundred dollars the above in Union Bank in Halifax and two hundred dollars to my son George in Commercial Bank St. John's Newfoundland and one hundred dollars to each of my sisters in England to be sent to them. The remainder belongs to my wife Alice Elworthy. Given under my hand this 16th day July 1894 (Sgd) W. R. Elworthy. Pinware River

I certify the foregoing to be a correct copy of the last will and Testament of Wm R. Elworthy deceased

Registrar

(Listed in the margin next to this will the following)
Fiat
J. S. Winter J.
Adm cta
granted to
Alice Elworthy
Dated
Sept 17: 1894
Estate
sworn under
$14,100.00

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames