Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Amaziah Whiteway
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:55 pm 

I have a question if anyone can help!

In my search I have found Amaziah Whiteway b Nov 25 1890 parents Nicholas and Mahala. Amaziah Whiteway B Nov 25 1891 parents Nicholas and Martha. Amaziah b 1892 married April 21 1913 to Beatrice Hicks. Amaziah G b 1892 m Jan 20 1920 to Lilliam B Day. 1921 Census Greens HArbour shows Amaziah 1893 bn Musgrave Harbour with spouse Beatrice. 1935 census Green's Harbour Amaziah George sp Lilian Beatrice. Could this all be the same Amaziah?

Thanks in Advance
Debbie

Post subject: Re: Amaziah Whiteway
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:53 pm 

Yes, all the same person!

Yes, the 2 Amaziah births have a recording error -- same person, and he was born Musgrave Harbour. His father Nicholas married Mahala Abbot in 1884, so that is the correct parentage. You run into these kinds of errors occasionally in these old records. The first record is accurate I would say -- a parish record, then the 2nd record was copied erroneously into the database for central record keeping that began 1891/92.

The Amaziah that married Beatrice was of Musgrave Harbour, and when he married Lilian he was a widower. A death register can be found that stated Beatrice died October 1915. As well, as you point out -- in the 1921 census for Amaziah and Lilian in Green's Harbour, it shows that he born Musgrave Harbour.

And you were lucky enough in the 2935 census to get his middle name! Nice.

Happy hunting!
Carol

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames