Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...

Post subject: Elizabeth Cox of Wreck Cove
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:56 pm 

Can anyone point me to information on Elizabeth Cox (Cox was her final married name, originally Green, then Sheppard, then possibly Crant, and finally Cox) who may have died in Wreck Cove in 1961? She would have been about 79 years old and may have had 2 sons, Jim and Arthur Cox. I spoke with her grandson Jack Sheppard recently and the above information is what he recalled about her, I am looking for some records to substantiate. There is a Find A Grave entry for an Elizabeth Cox who died in Wreck Cove in 1861 https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.c ... =156500711 which fits. I just wonder if some helpful soul out there has more information about her.

Thanks!

Roy Grant

Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Cox of Wreck Cove
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:52 am 

You may find something at the MUN DAI. They have the St. John's Daily news for 1955 - 1963 in image form. You can look through every newspaper to see if there was something written about it. 1961 starts towards the bottom of this page: http://collections.mun.ca/cdm/search/co ... isplay/200

Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Cox of Wreck Cove
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:32 pm 

Thanks for the reply Chris. I'll have a look. I have since been able to confirm that Arthur Cox is still living in Wreck Cove, and that this is the correct Elizabeth.

Board index » Genealogy » Looking For...