Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: Jane Fahey
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:48 pm 

Hi My name is Tom I live in the Boston area. I am looking for information on my grandmother Jane Fahey. I believe she was born on May 2 1878 in the Bay de Verde area. I believe her parents were William Fahey and Ellen (Buzan). It could have been spelled Boozan. If anyone has any information I would love to hear from you.

Post subject: Re: Jane Fahey
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:01 pm 

Hello,
Here is a link to the record of your grandmother's baptism from the RC parish of Northern bay in Bay de Verde. The date is given as Nov. 2, 1878. Place of birth Western Bay and as you note her parents are William Fahey and Ellen Boozan.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1793777
I'm also adding a link to a marriage record for you to consider... Nov. 1871,William Fahey and Ellen Beausary on line#4.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1793777
Going through some of the other records I can see where the name Bouzan was inserted over the surname Beausary.
Here is a link to the Bay de Verde RC parish records of Northern Bay, if you are interested in looking for other family members.
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1793777
Good luck.
Linda Moss

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:16 am 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Ellen Bouzane was baptised 23 October 1842, the daughter of Thomas Bouzane and Ellen Walsh. They married on 16 January 1824 by a priest from Harbour Grace. It is claimed that Thomas Bouzane was from St. Malo, France.

William Fahey was the grandson of Thomas Fahey He was Irish and settled in Western Bay circa 1786. Thomas married Jane Crocker and he died in 1819 and was buried in his garden.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 pm 

moss senior wrote:
Hello,
Here is a link to the record of your grandmother's baptism from the RC parish of Northern bay in Bay de Verde. The date is given as Nov. 2, 1878. Place of birth Western Bay and as you note her parents are William Fahey and Ellen Boozan.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1793777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm also adding a link to a marriage record for you to consider... Nov. 1871,William Fahey and Ellen Beausary on line#4.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1793777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Going through some of the other records I can see where the name Bouzan was inserted over the surname Beausary.
Here is a link to the Bay de Verde RC parish records of Northern Bay, if you are interested in looking for other family members. Thank you for your time and information. I have the marriage license for Jane. She married my grandfather Jeremiah in Boston. Jeremiah was from P.E.I. she gives her age and it matches up with the first William fahey and Ellen Buzan. they named their first child Ellen.
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1793777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck.
Linda Moss

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:53 pm 

Hi Tom and Edward,
I would very much like to communicate with both of you regarding the Fahey family. I myself am researching the Bouzan Family and in that William Fahey married Ellen Bozan I am collecting information on their family. I have long been trying to confirm the dates of birth and death for William Fahey and Ellen Bozan, without success. I am also trying to confirm the parents of William Fahey. Possibilities are Edward Fahey & Martha Crummey or Michael & Ellen Lynch?
I have a large amount of information on all the descendants of William and Ellen (Bozan) Fahey and if you are interested I would be happy to share this information with you.
Linda B

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:42 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

I think it is possible to obtain the information you are looking for but it will take some effort. I am sure some family member petitioned the court at Harbour Grace to probate the estates of Thomas Boozan, Michael Fahey, and Edward Fahey. The court records are housed at the provincial archives and it would take a lot of researching. The Registry of Deeds is another great place for research because people often sold land they inherited.

It is possible to narrow down the time frame which needs to be researched. Thomas Boozan is not listed in the 1855 Voter's List which means he died between 1845 and 1855. Both Michael Fahey and Edward Fahey Sr. are also listed on the 1855 Voter's List.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:47 pm 

Thanks Edward for your information. I do have some documents of land exchange for Thomas Boozan from a family member who did the research. I am still looking for something on the Faheys. Thanks for your tips.

Linda B.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:31 am 

Re the Fahey line has anyone any info on a Thomas Fahey from Western Bay that married Ellen Harrington (Thomas Fahy & Ellen Harrington in 1811, Harbour Grace RC.) is this another Thomas?

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames