Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames

Post subject: O'Connell, Connell, Fewer,Benoit, Hutchings,L'Official,Gallant,Companion,compagnion,Ghaney, Parsons,Brake,Brown,doyle
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 pm 

I had information on most of those , names and the power box went in my computer now I have to start all over again . I know Sebastain Benoit married Jane Hutchings, and Francois Benoit married Anne L'Official , Mary Brake married Jean/John Prosper Compagnion. so I really need all the help I can get possibly to get my tree back to the way I had it or better ,
Thank You in advance
Mary

Post subject: Re: O'Connell, Connell, Fewer,Benoit, Hutchings,L'Official,Gallant,Companion,compagnion,Ghaney, Parsons,Brake,Brown,doyle
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:49 am 

My aunt Carolann married a Gerald Companion from Corner Brook. It is the only Companions I know of. Are your Companions from that area?

Dianne Clarke Bishop

Post subject: Re: O'Connell, Connell, Fewer,Benoit, Hutchings,L'Official,Gallant,Companion,compagnion,Ghaney, Parsons,Brake,Brown,doyle
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:43 pm 

dianneclarkebishop wrote:
My aunt Carolann married a Gerald Companion from Corner Brook. It is the only Companions I know of. Are your Companions from that area?

Dianne Clarke Bishop

yes they are they came from Woods Island and they are spread all around Newfoundland now some go by the name of Prosper others by the name of Compagnion

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:09 pm 

I have lots of info on the Companion name, my grand mother was Delphine Companion

Post subject: Re: O'Connell, Connell, Fewer,Benoit, Hutchings,L'Official,
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:47 am 

Jane HUTCHINGS is a third cousin once removed of mine. She was born c1840 in COW HEAD and was the daughter (probably first child) of William HUTCHINGS who came from STURMINSTER NEWTON in Dorset, England and Mary Ann PAYNE. Have a lot of information about the U.K. connections (1720 - now) and some detail of Newfoundland relatives. If you are interested let me know and we can swap details.
Best Regards,
Dave HUTCHINGS

Post subject: Re: O'Connell, Connell, Fewer,Benoit, Hutchings,L'Official,
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:37 pm 

Hi Mary I have in my files a Mary Break(could be spelt wrong not sure) b abt 1848 in Curling, NL died 1925 Wood's Island, NL married 1869 in Wood's Island to a John Compagnon born date unknown in St. Malo, France. The had a son William Henery Compagnon born 1885 in Wood's Island he died 1956 Wood's Island, married to Norah May Hall born 28 Aug 1893 Curling, NL died 6 Jul 1990 Wood's Island, NL. I have 8 children listed for them. I only have names of spouses and children of 3 of their children the rest I only have birth and death info on them. If you'd like that info contact me at pmmbyrne@shaw.ca and put in the subject line John Compagnon info. Catch you later. Good luck in getting all your info back. If you can provide me with some more info if you email me I will check my files to see if I have any info on any of the names you might provide to help you out.
I guess I should also mention that I have the parents names of Mary Break as Joseph Matthew Break and Mary Mitchell.I can provide a small bit more on them but not much.
But I must warn you that I haven't verified any of this information so please check it out yourself before you add it to your family tree. Take care.

Tish

Board index » Genealogy » Surnames