Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Genealogy Hints & Tips

Post subject: Looking for my Grandmother Mary Bridget Lee
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 pm 

Hi, My name is Margaret Thomas and I am looking for information on my Grandmother Mary Bridget Lee (b 1892) St John's NF. She left NF age (15-20) for Boston Ma (USA).

Post subject: Re: Looking for my Grandmother Mary Bridget Lee
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:21 pm 

Hello Margaret,
I did a search through some St. John's Roman Catholic church records online and did not find a birth/bapt record for Mary Bridget...although the surname Lee was often seen for others.
Failing that, I went through the provincial birth registrations and have the following for you to consider. I have enclosed the link and a Mary Bridget's birth is recorded at line #38...second from the bottom of the page.
In case this link won't open here are the details...Nov. 1, 1891 Mary Bridget Lee...born to Henry and Ellen Lee of River Head...Roman Catholic...baptised Nov. 5, 1891 by Rev. V. F. Reardon...
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :144849501
I realize that neither the place of birth or date is an exact match to your query. That's what makes family research so frustrating and so much fun at the same time.
L. Moss

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:57 pm 

I want to thank you so very much for this information, without your help I would never have found this. I will consider my grandmother found.

Thank Again

Margaret Thomas

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 am 

Hello again Margaret,
The birth/bapt record for Mary Bridget is also transcribed on this Newfoundland's Grand Banks site. It gives her mother Ellen's maiden name as Daley and the sponsors names are there as well. The records are from the Baptism Register of the Catholic Assumptions of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish 1844 - 1899. This parish would have covered River Head. When you open the link just scroll down to her birth date.

http://ngb.chebucto.org/Parish/st-marys ... -psm.shtml
Glad to have found this for you.
Linda Moss

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:09 pm 

Hello, I would first like to thank you for the help you have provide me for my research about my grandmother. My current request is regarding my Great Grandparents, Henry Lee and Helen Daley. Henry is listed as being a fisherman. Is there any information you can find on these two people their children are Anne Lee,Theresa Lee and Mary Bridget Lee. Thank you again for your help.

Margaret Thomas
Great Granddaughter of Henry and Helen Lee

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:34 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

Baptism Register of the Catholic Assumptions of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish, St. Mary's, St. Mary's Bay, Newfoundland.

Baptised October 2, 1878, Patrick LEE, s/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: John Daley and Ellen Lee, Priest: Richard O'Donnell.

Baptised April 2, 1882, Deborah LEE, d/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: John Fagan and Teresa Daley, Priest: Richard O'Donnell.

Baptised October 26, 1884, Maurice LEE, s/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: John Boland and Caroline Tobin, Priest: W. Ahern.

Baptised August 29, 1886, Michael Joseph LEE, s/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: Joseph Ryan and Margaret Peddle, Priest: S. O'Driscoll.

Baptised June 3, 1887, Michael Joseph LEE, s/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: Joseph Ryan and Bridget Peddle, Priest: S. O'Driscoll.

Baptised September 4 1888, Mary Teresa LEE, d/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: Dominic Boland and Ellen White, Priest: S. O'Driscoll.

Born November 1, 1891, Baptised November 5, 1891, Mary Bridget LEE, d/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: Thomas Pike and Margaret Pike, Priest: V. F. Reardon.

Born October 31, 1892, Baptised November 3, 1892, Elizabeth Ann LEE, d/o Henry Lee and Ellen (Daley), Sponsors: Joseph Delurey and Elizabeth Lee, Priest: V. F. Reardon.

Riverhead, St. Mary's Bay, Roman Catholic Cemetery:
LEE, Henry, July 30th., 1905, age 70.
LEE, Ellen, October 14th., 1905, age 6?.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am 
Expert Member
Expert Member

These folks may assist you with respect to marriage, birth-baptism, and death-burial information.

Parish of ST. MARY'S
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish
P.O. Box 51, St. Mary's, St. Mary's Bay,
Newfoundland, A0B 3B0.
Telephone # (709) 525-2310.
Fax # (709) 525-2641.

Parish of ST. JOSEPH'S, SALMONIER
St. Joseph's Parish
P.O. Box 30, St. Joseph's, St. Mary's Bay,
Newfoundland, A0B 3A0.
Telephone # (709) 521-2206.
Fax # (709) 521-2527.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 pm 

Milt,

I would like to thank you and the others for their help in finding my family as well as the church my Great Grandparents worshiped in. Please forward my thanks to the team

Board index » Genealogy » Genealogy Hints & Tips