Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: Hawko, Hawco, Woodford, Viscount, Bixbey, O’Connell, Target,
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm 

All the above names married into the children of Peter Hawko/Hawco and Margaret (Maggie) Murphy of Chapel’s Cove. Peter Hawko was born about 1852 possibly to William Hawko. Peter had a younger brother Thomas Hawko who married Mary Murray and had a large family of which two of his sons moved to Bell Island and worked in the mine.

Birth records for Peter Hawko was burned in the Catholic Church fire of the 1850s. I’m trying to connect with family remembers who may know stories of Peter and Thomas or have pictures to help me fit the family puzzle together. I’ve recently taken a DNA test and should have the results back by May. My nephew has also taken a DNA test along with my daughter. I’m thinking the DNA tests will help immensely if other Hawco memebers have taken a DNA test also.

My email: josephines48@yahoo.com :roll:

Post subject: Re: Hawko, Hawco, Woodford, Viscount, Bixbey, O’Connell, Tar
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 pm 

Hello,
I have William Hawko born 1855 who married Mary Flynn Conran. They had Anastasia, Nicholas, Bridget, and Marie Hawko. William died in 1934 in Colliers.
I have very little information on the family. This is my mother in laws family. Would love to share the small bit of info I have. My names who were located in Colliers are of course Hawko , Ryan is a big one, Whelan, Gushue, Conran, and Terry all located in Colliers.
would love to hear from ANYONE that might be able to add more information to what I have. My mother in law is in her 90's and has forgotten most of the stories from her old home.
thanks,
Vicki McNamara

Post subject: Re: Hawko, Hawco, Woodford, Viscount, Bixbey, O’Connell, Tar
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 pm 

Hello,
I have a Mary HAWCO (Chapel's Cove, 1795-1887) married to James Dwire O'DWYER (Tipperary, Ireland, 1789-1832). Not sure if they are related to your HAWCO'S. I do not have much information on them. Their descendants in my family include: Ann O'DWYER (Harbour Main, 1823- ?) married to Walter FEWER (Newfoundland, 1820-1895), Johanna FEWER (Chapel's Cove, 1872-1965) married to William EZEKIEL (Harbour Main, 1878-1965). William and Johanna emigrated to Camden, New Jersey, USA around 1900. If Mary HAWCO is a relation to your HAWCO'S any information you have would be appreciated. I have Mary's parents listed as W. HAWCO and Sarah. Not sure if this helps, but if I can offer any other info let me know.

Sheri Ezekiel

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories