Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: dixson of King Cove
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 pm 

Hello All,

Are there any Dixon family member from King Cove that has done any research in their family line? Ellen Dixon was born Sept 10th 1820 in King Cove to Catherine Condon. Margaret Dixon was a witness to her birth or baptism. Her Dad was listed as William Dickson. Dixon, Dyke or Dicks. I know the Dickson family is an old family in King Cove. But I am thinking that maybe the father was William Dixon since the witness was a Margaret Dixon. I believe that the parents were never married, but I can't be sure. Its just that no marriage record can be found.

Ellen Dixon married John Ryan circa 1844 and had Catherine Ryan in Broad Cove in 1845. John Ryan drowned in St John's narrow in 1846. I think Catherne Ryan went on to marry a Lane in Broad cove but that us just conjecture.

John Ryan was the son of Patrick Ryan who was the son of Patrick Ryan who owned a fishing Room in King COve in 1804

So anyone with any information on these early settlers in Kings COve, Keels and Broad Cove in the late 1700s and the early 1800 would be appreciated. Trying to find out where in Ireland Patrick Ryan who owned the Fishing Room in King Cove in 1804 came from and who his wfe was?

Blessings

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories