Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: Billard families
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:39 am 

Since I wrote to St Pierre and Miquelon I received information on Gabriel Billard.
He had sons baptized in Miquelon in 1834 and he told them their birth dates
William who is believed to be born anytime from 1819 to 1824 was actually born in 1826
He was baptized in 1834 at the age of 8 making his birth date 1826 according to his father, Gabriel. He was baptized as Pierre Guillaume which translated to English is Peter William.
He was married three times to a Mary Ann, Susannah and Elizabeth.He died in 1906 in Burgeo.
Gabriel Billard was originally Villard and the four children he had baptized all have different spellings of Villard which is also seen on this site. Gabriel was born on August 23, 1783 as that is what he told the priest in Miquelon in 1834. The information of all this can be found by going here
Hendaye, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Aquitaine, France (pg 28 right bottom and 29 left) There are 87 pages to this document. documents 1774 - 1788 Pyreness Atlantic AD64 letter H Hendayne 1774-1788. They are difficult to read and are in French, but I had them translated to English but
first they had to be enlarged. Information is in my ancestry tree Billard clan which is now pubic so you can find it. Any information to add please let me know. Elizabeth

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories