Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: Pottle's Of Newfoundland & Labrador
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 pm 

Hi my name is Irene Petten I am trying to find my Great-Great Uncle James George Pottle born Nov.10,1843 in Labrador, Aso I am looking for My Great-Uncle James George Pottle born Nov,29,1873 of Labrador. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather George Pottle born 1820 married Jane Oliver born Dec,10,1809 & his brother Thomas Pottle born 1820 married Mary Mudge. Any help will be greatly apppreciated !!!

Post subject: Re: Pottle's Of Newfoundland & Labrador
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Irene,
Have found this much so far and am still looking...will keep trying to find out more for you...I'm kinda new at this myself....karendavis65

James George was born November 20,1873

Jane Oliver daughter of Edmund & Mary Oliver was born December 10,1809

Post subject: Re: Pottle's Of Newfoundland & Labrador
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:29 pm 
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Irene,
I also found this in the files and it may pertain to jane and thomas Pottle..from her
father....John Mudge...read below...

In re
John Mudge deceased.

This is my last will and testament. I John Mudge of Tub Harbor entrance of Esquimeaux Bay Labrador formerly of Kingsteignton in County of Devon England do hereby give and bequeath unto my wife Jane Mudge all my effects chattels and goods on the coast of Labrador during her life and after her deceased to go to her daughter Jane Pottle now the wife of Thomas Pottle to use in which way she may think proper but should the said Jane Mudge get married or live with any man in a illegal state the whole of property to become property of her daughter Jane Pottle now the wife of Thomas Pottle. Signed and sealed in the presence of us who have each of us signed this twenty fourth day of August one thousand eight hundred & forty four. John Mudge (LS) William Goodridge, Henry Curtis, George Goodridge, witness to signatures.

Codicil, Be it known unto all men by these presents I the said John Mudge of Tub Harbor entrance of Esquimeaux Bay on the coast of Labrador formerly of Kingsteignton in the County of Devon England have made and declared my last will and testament bearing date the twenty fourth day of August one thousand eight hundred and forty four I the said John Mudge by the present codicil do ratify and confirm my last will and testament and do give and bequeath after the decease of my wife Jane Mudge to Mary Louisa & Charlotte Susanna Pottle daughters of Thomas & Jane Pottle residents and natives of Labrador my salmon place at West Bay the entrance of Esquimeaux Bay and I also give unto Thomas Pottle eldest son of Thomas & Jane Pottle the fishing room at Tub Harbor with traps guns and all other implements belonging thereto who is also to provide for the children now not born belonging to the said Thomas & Jane Pottle from the produce arising from the said Room until they can provide for themselves I also appoint Thomas Pottle father of the above children and George Atkins Goodridge now agent at Dumplin Island for C. & E. Hunt & Co. Merchants of London or any other agent who may be there to be my sole executors and to see the property properly disposed of and to be in trust for the said children until the said Thomas Pottle is twenty one years age and whatever money may be due to the said John Mudge from merchants at Labrador also to be given to the said children belonging to Thomas & Jane Pottle and to be equally divided when the said Thomas Pottle eldest son of Thomas & Jane Pottle is of age but if the said Thomas Pottle should die before he comes of age the next boy in succession to have the property & if there no other children it then becomes the property of Mary Louisa & Charlotte Susanna Pottle eldest daughters of Jane & Thomas Pottle but should they children require any money for their support it is to be given them by the approval of the said Trustees who are to act and transact for the said children as they may consider best for their benefit and to collect any debts that may be due to the said John Mudge, and that all things therein mentioned and contained be fully and amply performed in every respect as if the same were so delivered and set down in my said last will and testament. Witness my hand and seal this thirty first day of August one thousand eight hundred & forty seven. John Mudge (LS) Signed sealed and pronounced and declared by the said John Mudge as a codicil to his last will and testament in the presence of us the subscribers, John Williams, Thomas Fogwill Goodridge, James Thomas-

Certified correct,
D. M. Browning
Registrar

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories