Register  *  Login  *  Forum  *  FAQ   

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories

Post subject: The Brentnall Sisters
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 am 

After many years of trying to find my great Aunt Louise Brentnall I found her right here on the Grand Banks site. So exciting as I have been looking for her for 30 years so as to complete the family of Robert and Mary Elizabeth Jenkins Brentnall. They had no sons just 5 daughters. The reason I still have the BRENTNALL name is because my Dad was born out of wedlock in 1905. They were 5 sisters altogether -

Sarah Elizabeth m. Fred Bishop of St. John's,
Maria Jane m. Mark Green of Ship Island,
Caroline Rose m. John Taite of Greens Island,
Ariana (Annie) m. James Simmonds of St. John's.
I guess Mary Louise Brentnall never married.

I never thought I would find her anywhere as I have looked in every capacity possible but then last night I took a chance to go through some of the newer death files for St. John's and there I saw the name. although it was misspelled I am certain that it's her. She was listed as Mary Brenthall and had died at 22 of T.B. in the Mental Asylum. Take a look at the Newer files at the link below and you just might find that one person you've been missing. Can you Imagine? This is worth the 30 year wait I think.

http://ngb.chebucto.org/Vstats/1vstats-sjc-idx.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Board index » Genealogy » Family Stories